48 hours in Jodhpur

Discussion in 'Asia' started by oliverbierhoff, Jul 17, 2018.

1. oliverbierhoff

oliverbierhoff Active Member

Status Points:
    If I say that Jodhpur is very popular among Bollywood (India Hindi film industry) & Hollywood (LA) then you will say cool, but whats new about it. So, guys, here this new fact. Jodhpur is the only India city where a whole Chinese mainstream film has been produced. The name of the film is "BUDDIES IN INDIA", this must be the English name, and here is the trailer.

So, now I am planning to share a tourism guide on what you all can explore in Jodhpur in 2 days. So stick with me...

2. oliverbierhoff

oliverbierhoff Active Member

Status Points:
    How to reach Jodhpur?

The fastest way to reach Jodhpur is to catch a flight from Delhi, Ahmedabad, Mumbai etc. The flight fare will be a bit high as there aren't are more than 2-3 flights per day over here. But still, it's a direct flight, so that's good.

Secondly, you can catch a train to Jodhpur. Jodhpur has a junction where multiple trains reach daily from all major cities like Delhi, Mumbai etc. And finally, you can hire a cab from Jodhpur form firms like Rajputana Cabs at Jodhpur, who can arrange cabs from Delhi, Jaipur etc.

[​IMG]

As per my experience, the road trip allows you to explore the beautiful on route sites. Like if you hire a cab from Delhi to Jodhpur, then you can visit the beautiful havelis of Shekhawati which is 3 hour from Delhi, and on route to Jodhpur. When I visited Jodhpur, I stopped at Pushkar for 4 hours and visited Pushkar Lake, Brahma Temple, New & Old Rangji temple and had a nice meditation lunch at a cafe. Surprise to see lots of meditation cafe in Pushkar :D

iolaire likes this.