40% off sale at Scottevest!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Tiki, Feb 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Tiki
    Original Member

Tiki Silver Member

Status Points:
    sagefemme52, mechteach and Chimpy like this.
  2. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a discussion on ScotteVest and travel vests that's been going on for a couple weeks. Would be great to get additional perspectives from others who own them ... or are considering getting them.

Tiki, mechteach and Chimpy like this.
  3. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just ordered some travel shorts and cargo pants. [​IMG]

4. mechteach
    Original Member

mechteach Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the sale and info posts! I've been thinking about one of these for a while, and this is really helpful.

5. Tiki
    Original Member

Tiki Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh I know, but with this big a discount I wanted to get everyone's attention rather than bumping the other thread. I'm impressed with the customer service, I got a tracking number from UPS a few hours after the order! [​IMG]

6. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not everyone knows what these vests are so I was just pointing people to where they could learn more about them (or share their experience if they have one already) ;) Getting visibility on the discount is a good thing!

I've always had good experience with their customer service too - returns are no hassle (on regular sales, not super sales which are final) making it easy to turn your house into a dressing room, pick, and send the rest back.

7. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the post. i have a sizing question that i don't know if you can help with. how slim/snug fitting is the women's jacket? i am not sure i would fit properly into it giving my measurements [​IMG] and i really don't know if i should just order the men's size jacket based on my measurements. [​IMG] guidance would be appreciated. TIA.

8. wanderlust
    Original Member

wanderlust Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do they have tall options?

9. Omar's_Coming
    Original Member

Omar's_Coming Silver Member

Status Points:
    my brother-in-law has one - and swears by it. btw... he's english, for whatever that's worth

10. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    just submitted my order. i ended up doing an online chat with a CSR. she was very helpful with the sizing issue. their charts, while pretty much correct are not telling you the size of the item which is entirely different. overall, very happy with the ordering and help service. looking forward to getting my jacket. :)

11. arkleseizure
    Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting this; I've been meaning to try out some of their products. Didn't go with any of the jackets yet, but nabbed some other stuff which looks interesting.

12. Tiki
    Original Member

Tiki Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't get to try mine on until May when I pick it up at Mom's (I didn't want to pay shipping to Australia). I was just using logic that men's jackets are usually a bulkier cut and the women's jacket appeared to be more formfitting by the photo on the website.

13. free101girl
    Original Member

free101girl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mr. free101girl has one of the Scottevests and wears it whenever we're traveling. He likes being able to just take it off and put it in a bin when going through security, as it holds all his electronics (including iPad) and valuables. I have to say it's better-looking than his previous vest (a photographer's vest, covered with external pockets), which was super dorky. The Evest is only a bit dorky. [​IMG]

14. Mrs. Fredd
    Original Member

Mrs. Fredd Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine arrived today! It's great, but I think I'll need a map to find all the pockets. As the reviews state, the sleeves are a little long, but that certainly doesn't bother me.

15. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    finally got mine. it is not actually as tailored as in the pictures. and i find it a bit short waisted but then i am a taller than average woman. while i think they are very cool, i am a bit disappointed to find mine doesn't quite fit. i mean yes, it fits technically but should i stuff the pockets, i probably won't be able to zip it closed. :( OTOH, the main reason i got it was to have secure pockets to place money, phone/ipod and passport in case my backpack or purse gets grabbed. not to mention being able to sleep without worry on a plane. so overall, i shouldn't complain. :)

i did order a hoodie for my teenage son and it fits him great. they are nicely made and heavy weight. should last him quite a while.

Tiki likes this.
  16. Tiki
    Original Member

Tiki Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's what appeals to me too besides the carry on extra stuff feature. It would be virtually impossible for someone to pickpocket you if it's zipped up. I won't be carrying a purse at all for future trips once I retrieve this from my Mom.