40% of Apple users would rather be in a minor car accident than lose their iPad: Survey

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by sobore, Sep 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.smartcompany.com.au/info...car-accident-than-lose-their-ipad-survey.html

While Apple users have long been known for their loyalty to their favourite electronics giant's products, a new survey sheds some light on how deep that loyalty goes.

A new survey by market research firm Brainshark reveals that 40% of Apple users would find a minor car accident less painful than accidentally destroying their iPad.

Many Apple users would also prefer having a root canal (32%), a broken nose (16%) or getting fired (10%) to accidentally damaging their tablet computer.

The survey also reveals that many Apple users would rather give up their driver's licence (42%), wedding ring (20%), credit card (46%) or wallet (27%) to giving up their iPad.

Finally, and perhaps most alarmingly of all, 60% of iPad users admit to using their tablet device while on the toilet, 34% while naked and 21% in the bath. Just under a quarter also admit to having bumped into someone when walking while using their iPad.

Read More: http://www.smartcompany.com.au/info...car-accident-than-lose-their-ipad-survey.html

2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of course this is not implying they are iPad-ing while driving ;) :eek: :)

3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Um... I'm definitely not part of the 40%. Would rather lose my iPad. Anyway it would be a excuse to get rid of my iPad 1 and get a new one.

I just can't seem to let the iPad 1 go since it's in great working condition even though Apple really stuck it to iPad 1 users by not allowing us to upgrade to iOS 6 (even though the old crappy iPhone 3GS which came out before the iPad 1 can upgrade to iOS 6).

macbookguy and Gargoyle like this.
  4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    If they regularly backed up their data and used security on their phones, they wouldn't have to be so scared of losing it. :p

viguera likes this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was going to say "define minor car accident" but then I saw the results for people with the root canal or getting a broken nose and all I can say is that it's ridiculous. :)

I have more gadgets than I can use and I'd rather lose any one or two of them than do any of the above. Between insurance and backups (plus remote wipe), I can live without my gear until I get a replacement.

macbookguy and Gargoyle like this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd rather get into a minor car accident than participate in one of these surveys... unless, of course, they'd give me miles for it.

7. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was going to take the survey but I lost my iPad in a car accident on the way to the dentist for a root canal.;)

8. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    that is a very sad reflection on society.

macbookguy and viguera like this.
  9. macbookguy

macbookguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just as sad: the idiots who think these questions up ;)

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.