4 Predictions For The Rite Aid Free Hyatt Night Promo

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Last week I wrote about the Happy You Year promotion that Rite Aid is currently running in a post titled Two Free Hyatt Nights for $250 Spend at Rite Aid. Essentially the deal is that you spend $250 on participating items at Rite Aid and you receive either a 2-night stay at select Hyatt hotels or a 7-night stay at a Wyndham resort. On the surface, this sounds like a really good deal. However, the more I read about it, the more this promotion started to sound like the JC Penny / Dockers promotion from 2007. The fulfillment company for that promotion was TLC Marketing. It generally did not go well for consumers, ultimately ending in a lawsuit. (Though certainly some of us did do well.) Anyway, I pointed out that the redemption process in the current promo was similarly onerous. The economics were similarly unsustainable. The mailing address was in the same city as TLC Marketing. I basically put down a lot of dots on a paper, but then said we didn't know who the fulfillment company was yet, so we really couldn't connect those dots. When something smells like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, and looks like a duck (even when that Duck is dressed like an Oakland Raider), it almost always is, in fact, a duck. The post 4 Predictions For The Rite Aid Free Hyatt Night Promo appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...