4 Points SFO Airport

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Gaucho, Oct 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    The location is convenient if you have a flight out of SFO and are worried about the traffic across the Golden Gate Bridge.... the staff was great during my last stay, they stored a bunch of things for me and offered complimentary Computer & Printer usage. The hotel is reasonably new and the amenities are up to par for a hotel of its class... and the rate I got was good, right off the SPG website. Would have liked to stay again on my return leg but thanks to the darned Oracle Conference they were 100% booked...

One tip... they do try to charge for parking... but I noticed that if you "complain" a little, the front desk staff is empowered to waive the charge... ;)

Rom Sac, Bay Pisco Shark and Toula like this.
  2. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never been charged for parking... they've never even asked if I had a car (or if I needed the airport shuttle).

I used to say here the night prior to my return flight from SFO, until it was removed from my company's preferred list of hotels. Even though it's a lower price than SFO alternatives, it's too much of a hassle for me to explain the non-compliance (due to lower cost) to management. Easier for me to book a "better" hotel. Last trip, I stayed at the SFO Westin. Next month, I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency.

But, every time I've stayed at the 4P SFO, it's been great. My last stay, they upgraded me to a duplex room... I actually prefer the "normal" rooms. The bedroom of the duplex was on the second floor, and it was pretty small. I prefer just one space, even though the square footage is smaller.

FWIW, I had a burger in the bar area a few years ago- very respectable.

Gaucho likes this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the burger report.... its good to know the food is OK if you have to resort to a quick meal due to lack of time or energy... ;)

4. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used to stay there frequently. It was once one of the best Four Points anywhere. It may still be, although I stay there less than 1x/year on average the past few years. Years ago they had a resident chef and the kitchen was excellent. That isn't the case anymore, but I still think the food is supposed to be pretty good.

Gaucho likes this.
  6. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great to know! Thanks for posting. I have stayed at the W, but not this 4Pts. Maybe next time, sounds convenient!

7. jhflau11
    Original Member

jhflau11 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed there back in July. Very convenient. Just like dmel they didn't charge me for parking or even asked if I had a car.

Gaucho likes this.
  8. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Resident Chef................ wow !! :cool:

9. Rom Sac
    Original Member

Rom Sac Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not a fan of 4 points (after staying in a dreadful one in Chicago), but this hotel is actually quite reasonable. I'd try to avoid the rooms on the top floor, which have this very odd layout with the bedroom up a flight of stairs.

Gaucho likes this.
  10. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, such a hassle to schlep your bag up the stairs to the bedroom of the two story suite when you could settle in the ghetto room just a floor below. ;) I mean, the downstairs bathroom doesn't even have a shower. The horror!

11. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Heck... I also miss the days when on a Multinational Corporate Travel Budget I would settle no less than for a St Regis or similar Luxury Collection property..... now, being an independent spoof juice peddler I have to squeeze the heck of every travel dollar so my corporate travel policy dictates only no frills no service 4 points.... else, I need to head for the nearest Pacific Inn.... :eek: :oops: (Lord, please dont let that happen again)

Bay Pisco Shark likes this.
  12. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please see my post above.... :p

13. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Seriously, once I heard about their car service (the old BMW with the driver that couldn't find the right freeway offramp), I'm scared away.

Gaucho likes this.
  14. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    That Kiwi driver that comes with the car service is, to sum it up in one word..... priceless.