4 nights in Hong Kong around NYE

Discussion in 'Asia' started by somempire, Nov 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. somempire

somempire Silver Member

Status Points:
    We will be staying in Hong Kong for 4 nights around NYE. Any recommendations on things to do?

2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    savydog posted an excellent HKG trip report over in the trip report forum, definitely a must read.

Will you be staying at the Renaissance Harbour View? If yes, then the NYE fireworks view from the hotel will be very spectacular. I was in the Grand Hyatt (next door from the Ren) during the China National Day and the fireworks were literally exploding in front of my face. If not, then the view from the Kowloon side will be better with the HK island famous skyline as a backdrop.

lwkatya likes this.
  3. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    In addition to the fireworks at the harbour, there are also popular countdown spots in places like Times Square, Lan Kwai Fong, etc. But overall, nothing beats the atmosphere over at The Avenue of the Stars to ring in the NY by enjoying the sights of those Victoria Harbour fireworks.

cennas likes this.
  4. Bonnie
    Original Member

Bonnie Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree...Great fireworks over the Harbour! The nightly lazer show (begins about 8pm) is short but amazing.....the NYE midnight event is over the top!! One of our favorite New Year's Eve was in HK at the IC Harbor View. Viewing the fireworks from there was sensational....anywhere along the Harbour should be terrific! Please share your experience with us when you return. Have a great trip!

cennas likes this.