4 hrs at DEN?

Discussion in 'DEN | Denver International Airport' started by bk3day, Sep 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any ideas how I can spend my Tues midday (12-4) in DEN?

Had plans to meet a friend but that's now off. iirc, there are city buses but not sure if they go anywhere worthwhile especially in the limited time frame.

Alternatively, anything worth seeing/ eating at DIA?

2. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bring a lunch. First time there after a quick look around, I walked into the RCC and traded miles for a membership.

ETA: I just Googled it and there is a huge list of restaurants. Must have been having a bad day every time I've been there because I don't remember seeing anything interesting. Hope your experience is a good one.

3. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your choices for dining in Terminal B are: Sur La Table (a sit-down place), Rocky Mountain Sports Bar (I think that's the name, also sit-down), Quizno's, Auntie Anne's (whatever that pretzel place is), and Heidi's Brooklyn Deli (in the commuter terminal, way at the end of Concourse B).

A lot of people like Heidi's, it's a different type of fast food.

You could go to the Main Terminal, outside of "security" and have other options, but I don't think they're worth it.

As for buses, you're about a 60-minute bus ride from downtown, each way. Boulder is 90 minutes, and those buses run hourly. If you're a hardcore traveler and want to see what the Stapleton area is like (totally re-developed, with the old control tower still standing), you could do that. That bus ride is 30 minutes each way, but it's probably not worth it.

In the end, I think lili has the best advice in bringing a lunch with you. RCC clubs offer some decent views of The Rockies, weather-permitting.

If you're not an RCC member, you could go to the end of the B concourse (opposite end of commuter terminal) and get some relative peace and quiet.

4. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
  5. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wolfgang Puck, on the Concourse B Mezzanine, has some pretty good sandwiches and made to order items. I usually go there if I have a flight without meal service/BoB.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

6. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks all!

Assuming I can transit airside to other terminals I may check out the options I usually miss when flying UA w/shorter cnxs.

I see there's a coffee place (dazbog?) That I've heard of but never tried.

7. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    A good book will go a long way towards helping pass the time.

8. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    You'll be able to go to Concourse A/B/C without reclearing security. Just hop on the train.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least one of the B RCCs at DEN accepts Priority Pass and even offered me a free WiFi card, which the C lounge in ORD did not do.

FriendlySkies likes this.
  10. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thx all for your tips.

Turned out I bumped into a fellow FTer (probably also MPer) on my flight to DEN who was kind enough to guest me in to the RCC.

Strange to be back there after finally giving up my membership but enjoyed seeing my old fave snack back, the Walkers shortbread

MSPeconomist likes this.