3x Alaska BofA credit card email. Targeted

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by daninstl, Jan 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know if this is normal but I just got an enrollment email to earn 3x points on certain spend (gas, grocery, drug stores, restaurants) up to 2,500 miles with my BofA credit card. This was targeted email with an auto enrollment button link. It's a nice offer but I wish it was unlimited spend not capped at 2,500.

Check your email if your a card holder the subject line read:
    "Your Alaska Airlines Visa Signature(R) credit card"

2. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll take it. Oh, wait... I'm in Canada and MBNA does squat for us. Here's to hoping though.

3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    They send these out periodically. Different people get different offers. I got one today, too. I can't remember off the top of my head which categories I got, though I do know they were categories I'm not likely to spend much $$ on. I went ahead and registered anyway, though, just in case.

4. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't get anything this time. :(

5. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    The other day I got a similar email... 3x on the following categories: Theater and Exhibits, Golf courses, Country clubs, Health and Beauty spas.

I wish this were a joke.

6. Boraxo

Boraxo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I get these all the time and just trash me. Our AS cards sit in the safe deposit box for 11 months a year as we only use them to purchase the $99 companion fares. BofA knows they need to improve the perks if they want people to use them for anything else as I got a survey asking me what they needed to do to increase my spend.