3000 Bonus US Airways Dividend Miles When You Rent From Avis Car Rental

Discussion in 'Avis | First/Preferred' started by Fyaric, Nov 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Fyaric

Fyaric Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    bummer, 99% of my rentals are 2 or less days. Thanks for posting!

perryplatypus and mrredskin like this.
  3. Fyaric

Fyaric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Feel you:(

perryplatypus and Sweet Willie like this.
  4. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a 3-day Avis rental coming up in less than a week! Thanks!

perryplatypus likes this.
  5. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know what happens in this scenario:

I rent at 9pm on Monday, and return at Noon on Thursday. That's not three full days, but it's over 2 days...it's essentially 2.5 days. Does that still count as a three day rental since I'll be charged for three days?

Also, is there no way to enter your DM# into your Avis online profile or when you book it?

Thanks!

perryplatypus and deant like this.
  6. Fyaric

Fyaric Silver Member

Status Points:
    As far as i know it is as long as you pay for 3 days.
    No you have to give it by the desk, or call it in if you don't want to have the hassle.

perryplatypus, alohastephen and deant like this.
  7. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Theweeklyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can confirm the miles will post even if you don't have the car for a full 3 days. This is because you will still be paying a 3 day rate.

8. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    AWD: X505639

Coupon Code: MUAA044

9. lisamcgu
    Original Member

lisamcgu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to get a car tmw after wrecking my other one into the side of the a car turning left in front of me (and then slamming into a wall after that). It will eventually be on the other driver's ins, so miles are more important than cost, although I am loving what I am reading about getting a bigger car for super cheap, under $25 a day, less than a compact, so my ins will cover if anything goes awry.

SO, does anyone know the rules of this deal. I went to the link and it is no mas. How many times can I do this? I am thinking about switching compainies and getting as many deals as I can considering I will have a rental for awhile. My ins company will let me rent for up to 24 days, so that must be around the time it takes to get a car repaired or find a new one. Not sure how long it will take me ...

10. lisamcgu
    Original Member

lisamcgu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I said I would post in response to a convo I got last night.
    I called and the rates literally went up this am. (I have been very unlucky lately :() All in all, for Avis, which my ins, State Farm, which pays in the interim before the other person's ins pays, does not have a direct deal with Avis in this area, so he was looking up what he could do using a code or something from another area that does have deal with state farm, or something ... Anyway, using my AAA number, I can get a $25.40 rate for a 7-day rental for a compact, which they may not have in stock when I get there, hopefully, so I can get upgraded. The phone was ringing off the hook while I was talking to the guy and he had to put me on hold forever before that because he had a line of people in front of him.
    As for that coupon code and AWD, supposedly the AAA price was only 10% off, so the Avis guy will have some 'splaining to do if he says it makes the price way higher.
    As for doing this deal over and over, I have to get the car for 7 days to bring down the costs unless I want to fight over this later with the other drivers ins company. I am choosing my battles, so I may want to give in on this, so I am renting in 7 day increments for now. I will call USAir now and see how often I can get this deal or if it is still good. Can't find the info on it on their site.

11. lisamcgu
    Original Member

lisamcgu Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 3000 mi deal, according to Avis, is only for Australia - bonk! The discount for the US, according to the guy on the phone at USAirways, is only 750 mi. I did get them down on the price though, by calling Avis at their 800 number (1-800-230-4898) to $149 for a week for a subcompact. He said he had a $30 off coupon code there he could use with the discounted price. So after all this I guess I can come away with the lesson that it is better to call the main number than the individual rental car storefronts. grrrrr. So, for week 1, I will get the measly 750 mi and then I will switch over to someone else I guess next week.

12. Fyaric

Fyaric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thats Bull

You have to use the coupon MUAA044 to get the bonus. 750 if im not mistaken is standard so apply the coupon.....

13. lisamcgu
    Original Member

lisamcgu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had the coupon code, but I'm not in Australia so according to the guy on the phone, no mas. He did try, but, like me, he couldn't get the screen to see my location, it kept coming up for a location in Australia. :D Did this work for you in the US?

Anyway, I ended up going with the 1500 per wk US Air miles deal with Hertz, getting a car at a small airport location down the street for a compact price, which they were going to upgrade, so I could get into a car for a good price compared to the replacement accident ins co price. However, the driver sent to pick me up yesterday drove right by my easy to find house lost, half an hour late (I saw him), and I told them we would try again today except they didn't have a driver until later so I said F it and called Enterprise to pick me up (they have lots o drivers it seems) and to give me the ins rate on a mini SUV to replace the one crashed. It would be nice to get my 120 pd Newfoundland puppy into the back seat and still be able to see out, I thought. So, the usual, an upgrade, got me into a Chrslyer Town & Country mini-van with dissapearing seats and electronic doors at the mini-suv price. Dog and I are happy.

14. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Question - can you apply more than one coupon code to a reservation? I used a Costco discount code for a decent % off of a week-long rental I have coming up at the end of the month, but would certainly enjoy adding 3k USAir miles on top of that!

theBOAT

lisamcgu likes this.
  15. Fyaric

Fyaric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nope :(
    If you were able to that would be a field day!!

lisamcgu likes this.
  16. lisamcgu
    Original Member

lisamcgu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Double that nope. You're best bet is to go to a small rental office that isn't too busy, except for a couple distinct times during the day. They usually don't have a large carlot out back, so they have to get cars brought over from somewhere else. After the am and late afternoon rush, they are usually out of all their compacts and small cars. Ask for one of those and get upgraded when they don't have one available. You can literally check the parking lot beforehand to make sure. With the small airport location near my house, they didn't even have a driver during some parts of the day, so they had to upgrade. At busier locations, with more emps and people coming and going all day, they can more easily radio over to have someone deliver a car and it may not work. That happened at Enterprise to another customer while I was there, me having ended up specifically at that location because they had so many drivers and I was able to get picked up and dropped off almost immediately both times. Anyway, with the upgrade, even though you can use only one coupon code (its the same on alot of product websites to limit you from combining discounts), you may still feel you are getting the best deal.

17. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    How long does it usually take for the points to post? Had a rental last weekend (returned Monday).

18. miamiandy

miamiandy Active Member

Status Points:
    Could anyone tell me whether these codes are correct? TIA!

AWD Number: K024300
    Rate Code: SA
    Coupon Number: MUAA044

19. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
  20. miamiandy

miamiandy Active Member

Status Points:
    gleff likes this.
  21. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I believe as I was making the reservation it allowed me to choose the loyalty program and enter the account #. It did show up on the contract paperwork, so I know they have it.

22. miamiandy

miamiandy Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks again! I didn't find such thing online. Need call them or get confirmed at the counter.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  23. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Very strange. You're right, I just went through the reservation process and I think it used to be in step 4 that the Travel Information section had frequent flyer information. Now it only has the fields to enter the airline and flight number. Not sure what to tell you ;)

24. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Now the fields to enter the loyalty program and the number are back... but it's really weird: the field for the loyalty program is a free-text field, not a drop-down list. There is a way to select the program from a list, but it's optional.

avis.png

In other news, my 3000 points haven't posted yet and the page that allegedly should be used to request missing miles/points just tells me that I don't have Adobe's PDF viewer (well, I am using a Mac and don't need it... Chrome can display PDFs natively and so can the Mac Preview app).

25. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Never received my 3000 miles. The Avis Receipt on the Avis site shows 30xx miles, and the only thing that posted was the xx miles. I called Avis and they said they posted xx miles and separately 3000 miles, and that they have no way to look into it any further. I called US Airways and they told me on the phone that I need to email them. Can't find an email address for their Dividend Miles customer service center. And the website says for missing car rental partner miles contact the partner. Sigh!