300 MR For Visiting Delta Sky Clubs - Platinum Cardholders

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by danimal, May 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. danimal
    Original Member

danimal Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just received this from Ameerican Express:

Offer dates:
    Now - June 30, 2011

This May and June, earn 300 Membership Rewards points for every visit to the Delta Sky Club.*

Flying on Delta Air Lines has never been more rewarding, relaxing, or enjoyable for Platinum Card members. When you use your Platinum Card to access any one of the worldwide Delta Sky Clubs this May and June, you will receive 300 Membership Rewards points for each visit. There's no limit to how many points you can earn. So if you fly Delta Air Lines and visit their lounges frequently, you can be rewarded again and again.

This exclusive opportunity allows you to enjoy all the benefits of a quiet airport refuge where you have room to work and space to breathe, along with appetizers and beer, wine and spirits available all day and served on the house.

To gain admission, simply present the Delta Sky Club agent with your Platinum Card, a ticket valid for same-day travel on Delta, and a government-issued ID.

jmrich1432 likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You might be interested in also reading the comments on this offer in the thread devoted to in in the DL forum.

3. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Active Member

Status Points:
    Just left DL lounge in ATL term A. I was told that they are "out" of the certificates. Anyone know if there is a max number per day for each lounge?

MSPeconomist likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

The announcement doesn't seem to say that there's a limit, but I haven't seen the detailed T & C for this yet.

I would call AmEx Plat Card customer service (the 800 number is on the back of your card) and explain what happened. If you know the location and date/approximate time, they should be able to verify your visit as the card is swiped when you access a SC this way. They should be able to give you your 300 MR points with a single phone call.

It the SCs don't have certs to distribute, there will be many unhappy people. I wonder why they're using paper certs rather than having the points be automatic from their electronic records. No, wait, they're counting on many people not returning the paper certs, just like with mail-in rebates.