30 minutes on 1k line, agent plus supervisor to CHANGE a seat

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by estnet, Jul 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    :mad: Really? How do they expect to run an airline when I can't change my seat online (well I can, but after I end the record it still shows the original seats). Then the 1k agent can't change it either ("I've had this happen before"), needs a supervisor. What a waste of 3 peoples time!

2. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had that happen on a flight where the aircraft was transitioning from no E+ seats to having E+ seats.

adambadam likes this.
  3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nope, it was a flight in a few months with many seats available and I was simply trying to change one seat for another No change in aircraft, should have been simple

4. kziel

kziel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't begin to grasp what could cause that. I've had to call in to change seats (award F wouldn't let me select seats on line), and after 3 seconds on hold, it took about 2 minutes for them to assign seats

8MiHi likes this.
  5. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wish you better luck in the future. It sounds like you got less than the "A" team.

6. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sounds crazy, but there has been a lot of that this year.
    But, please keep in mind there is no "1K line" anymore, you just cut into the "regular line".;)

7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Something like it just happened to me recently but it was for a two-segment flight (HNL-LAX-JFK) that showed both segments as using a 757-200 plane, except that the second 757-200 was a p.s. (3 cabins), whereas the first feed-in flight was a 2-cabin 757-200. The mistake was that they had connected the two flights because they had the same flight #, although there was a plane change in LAX. I had to point out the difference in metal configurations, despite the identical flight #, to get them to split the flights, which then allowed me select upgrades and seats separately. Without that, I would select a seat on the second segment, log out, log back in, and it would show that I had not selected a seat.

Your situation may be happening because of a similar 'technicality.'

travelinmike33 and 8MiHi like this.
  8. bucketlist
    Original Member

bucketlist Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had similar troubles (exit row seats kept changing to rear of an erj145). No E+, the exit rows were the best and they kept changing. Tried multiple times to change 'em back on line, it would take for a day, then gone.

Called "premier line" several times - given various stories - equipment change (not!), FAM (do they sit in the middle of the plane?) - managed to get the seats back, but it felt like a constant battle. At T-24, my seat assignments on .bomb were off, but phone agent assured me I was in the exit row, which I was.

On AA, the only changing of seats I've had to worry about is picking new ones when the upgrades clear, usually 4 days in advance, so I guess this problem is going away.

Captain Oveur, estnet and adambadam like this.
  9. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup, that's been my experience on AA too :) Not to mention that their phone agents speak and understand English (and are polite and professional).
    This was the second time I've had to call for a seat change on this itin. and the first time it also took forever - neither agent had any idea why it was so hard but both mentioned it's been happening intermittently (?another SHARES bug)