$30 for $100 in Travelocity and Restaurant.com eGift Cards! (You Save $70)

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by Kalboz, Dec 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    $30 for $100 in Travelocity and Restaurant.com eGift Cards! (You Save $70)
    [​IMG]

2. Mike1625
    Original Member

Mike1625 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't a fan of this deal, but I did like the one with the Subway gift cards ... but I wanted to add. Be sure to click in through an airline shopping portal. AA gives 18 miles for every dollar spent at restaurant.com ..... so this deal can be even more lucrative than just the gift card.

flyingdawg and Kalboz like this.
  3. Skyvillager
    Original Member

Skyvillager Silver Member

Status Points:
    FWIW and for the benefit of those who might think that restaurant.com gives actual gift cards -- a more accurate title for this offer would be:

"Travelocity - save $20 on a 2-night minimum stay and pre-tax package spend of $150".

The "pre-tax" part means it will be more like "save $20 on $180 package"

$50 restaurant.com coupons are sold at $20 retail and regularly offered at 80%, sometimes 90% discount.
    That brings their packaged value down to $2.

In order to ever redeem such coupon at a restaurant, one would have to fork out at least an additional $75:
    $100 minimum required food order
    + 18% gratuity
    + 7% minimum sales tax, probably more
    - $50 coupon
    = owe the balance of $75 or more

FYI:
    $10 restaurant.com coupons are currently available for the great asking price of $0.00.

Travelocity gift cards are often available for purchase at USA supermarkets at 10 to 20% discount.
    $180 in travelocity gift cards can cost you as little as $144.
    If anyone needs them - feel free to ask me to get you some, if your stores do not participate.

estnet likes this.
  4. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not as "lucrative" as the above, and for those who are interested, similar offer is coming on again: $25 for a $50 Travelocity® Hotel eGift Card plus a $100 Restaurant.com eGift Card

uggboy likes this.
  5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    $50 for a $100 Travelocity Gift Card to Spend at Over 55K Hotels

6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting restrictions... other than the fact you would earn no points/miles for the stay, does anybody know if there are any other drawbacks? I'm not sure whether or not booking through TravelocityIncentives would result in higher prices than just the regular site.

Kalboz likes this.
  7. bertmanna

bertmanna New Member

Status Points:
    I have $25 egift card powered by priceline that I'm trying to get rid of. I have 4 of em. Just go to www.thehotelcard.com and you can see the details. There is a 2 night stay minimum, and you have to book the room at that site. I am willing to part with them for $5 each if anyone is interested. If you buy more than one, I would go even lower. email bertman@ufl.edu if interested

8. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    restaurant.com certs are often sold at 80 or 90% discounts as noted above and often have such onorous requirements that I havent even used the ones I have and no longer buy them. in addition the restaurants they have where I live aren't worth it even with the discount:(

9. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    We used restaurant.com’s $75 off coupon at The Californian (Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa) restaurant and it was accepted without a question. The food and service were excellent.

We also used restaurant.com discount vouchers at two restaurants during our stay at the Hyatt Regency Orange County near Disneyland: Saturday night dinner at TusCa and Sunday late lunch at the OC Brewhouse. The lunch at the OC Brewhouse was great as we had chicken quesadilla, triple cheese burger and onion rings with dipping sauce ... delicious food especially the quesadilla. The dinner food the night before at TusCA was horrid and I wouldn’t recommend it.

Checking restaurant.com list shows many member restaurants at Hyatt properties.

10. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    These Travelocity offers are always very deceiving since they are good at the incentives site and come along with lots of restrictions. They never seem worth the headache.

I will say that I've done very well with Restaurant.com over the years. Buying the GCs at 80-90% off plus cash back is amazing. You just have to be in the mood to eat at one of the restaurants that are offered which is definitely limited.