30,000 MR for International FX.

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by MrHalliday, Mar 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MrHalliday
    Original Member

MrHalliday Silver Member

Status Points:
    techguru likes this.
  2. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will try on Monday

Horse likes this.
  3. tassojunior
    Original Member

tassojunior Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried and failed.

I have a Suntrust business checking account and AmEx business cards. I faxed my DC business license, voided business check, copies of business debit cards, etc. AmEx loves me and my credit score is pretty high. Whole process took about a month with them asking for so many things. Then they sent an email saying I was declined. Rep apologized that it was rude to have asked me for so much for so long to end in failure but they couldn't explain why I was rejected.

Not sure what they're looking for but don't take acceptance for granted.

4. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    One key is that you need to make the first transfer in order to get the first 15K points (note 3).

5. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    this looks interesting.....i think the trick is to know what is an "eligible transaction"
    because all you have to do as an AMEX OPEN client is apply and open, initiate one eligible transaction for the first 15k points, then 2-3 more for the second 15k
    and it looks like transaction fees are waived for the first few months
    so it seems like all of this could be done for free if you have an easily acccessible account in Canada perhaps (which is how I might try to do this), or relatively cheaply if you bought a few things overseas or in canada

6. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    i got a f/u call from CSR for amex FX since my web application was declined and he was trying to get me in on it with a work-around the state business license. apparantly there is no way around it even with the sole proprietorship and being a Dr. and so forth. they really want you to have a state biz license and have it active for at least a year.
    bummer
    a lot of work and fees make it not worth it