3 More Critical Tips for Not Losing Your Airline Luggage

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Feb 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.moneytalksnews.com/2012/02/16/3-more-critical-tips-for-not-losing-your-airline-luggage/

I consider myself lucky any time I find my checked baggage in one piece on the carousel at my destination. At the same time, I know that luck is not the only force that will reunite you with your luggage. In the past, I have shared with you 6 Ways to Keep Airlines from Losing Your Bags – and 4 Tips If It Happens Anyway. As valuable as those tips are, I’m still learning new ways your luggage can get lost, and how to prevent it from happening in the first place – as some recent trips have taught me…

Read More:
    http://www.moneytalksnews.com/2012/02/16/3-more-critical-tips-for-not-losing-your-airline-luggage/

Kalboz likes this.
  2. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The article actually doesn't tell you how to keep airlines from losing your bag,
    just how to minimize the impact to you. But people have figured out the best
    way to prevent the problem - flying with just carryon - which of course causes
    the overhead bin problem, which causes the gate louse problem, and so on.

goalie likes this.
  3. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is only 1 critical tip needed. Never check bags.

CharlesG, Bonnie, gleff and 2 others like this.
  4. I've heard that if you declare that your bag has an unloaded weapon in it, that they take extra special care that they won't lose it. I wouldn't want to try it though.

5. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    That would only be true if that was reasonable under all circumstances. Alas, it is not.

6. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep. The liquids rule is the major reason I've had to check a bag. I like to bring back wine from various places, and since wine doesn't come in 100ml containers, they have to be checked.