3 hours in Guam

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Desidivo, Sep 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Desidivo

Desidivo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have 3 1/2 hour layover in Guam. Wondering if it is worth to take a quick short trip to see anything in Guam. Even a good place to eat might be worth it. I arrive at 4PM and my connecting flight does not leave till 7:20. Since I have US passport, I don't think it will be difficult to get in and out of the airport.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    IMO, no.

The beach is relatively close but not really all that great. You'd have about an hour out of the building and that could be eaten up in traffic if you're not careful. I'd just suck it up and wait at the airport.

3. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    We waited at the airport for 5 hours. If you have United Club access there's a club there. Entry in and out of the airport is easier than most US gateways. Food stand on the second floor is okay (the decorations in the club sandwich is to die for and worth a photo). You might go outside and look at the roadside. They make their roads with seashells. At the airport it's close to the curbs. Although not spectacular it is interesting. I put my wife on the Water Buffalo sculpture in front of the airport for a photo. .It's Guam airport there's not much to do...

4. Desidivo

Desidivo Silver Member

Status Points:
    So pictures of a sandwich and a sea shell road is it. Looks like I will be putting down a few extra drinks at the united club. Looks like the lifetime United Club is more and more valuable.