3 Easy Ways to Save Travel Info on Your Phone

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by sobore, Apr 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2456775,00.asp

[​IMG]

Say you arrive at the airport before a trip. You approach the self-service kiosk and swipe your credit card, but the machine isn't finding your itinerary. You're right on time, and the line to speak with an actual human being is atrociously long. The kiosk asks, "Would you like to look up your flight information via confirmation number?" Sure, you'd love to. But that vital piece of information is buried in your email, and your phone barely has a signal, so searching is out of the question. Now you're not only stressed, but you're also in danger of missing your flight.

When I travel, I keep the most essential information I need stored locally on my phone (and backed up to the cloud as well). Confirmation numbers, check-in times, addresses, and directions are always at my fingertips. I do not handle travel stress well, so I go out of my way to avoid it. And you know what? I'm a happy traveler as a result.

In this edition of Get Organized, I'll share three super-simple ways to save your essential travel information locally on your phone so you're never without it.

Read More: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2456775,00.asp

NYCUA1K, uggboy and Newscience like this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    ...except that phones run on batteries and the day that you forget both to recharge yours and leave the charger plugged at home is the day that you'll badly need to access the info on that phone (call it a corollary to Murphy's Law). That is why savvy travelers are aware of the only foolproof method around the described scenario and more: make hard copies of the itinerary, and have one on you, put one in your carry-on and if you have checked baggage, put one in there as well. Absolutely foolproof, especially if doing it becomes second nature...;)