3-Day Sale on US Airways Club (4/5-47/11)

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Funtodoimpossible, Apr 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Funtodoimpossible
    Original Member

Funtodoimpossible Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just got this via e-mail. Don't think this is a targeted offer.
    3-day sale! Join the club for just $259.*

It’s a great time to get a US Airways Club membership! Starting Tuesday, it’s only $259 – and you'll only get this price for the next 3 days. Hurry to enjoy all the benefits, access to over 250 clubs and a world of more comfortable travel.

Annual rate $450
    Instant savings $191
    3-day discount rate $259
    https://shopping.usairways.com/Club/Enrollment.aspx?c=e_club_259_sale_04052011_joinnow

*Terms & conditions: $259 club offer is available for all new US Airways Club enrollees, former members who have expired within the past 6 months and current members within 90 days of membership expiration. Offer valid April 5 - 7, 2011. Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotional offer. New member initiation fee will be waived with this offer and discount is already included in $259 price. Offer is valid for single memberships only. Customers wishing to purchase a spouse or domestic partner add-on may do so for an additional $225. Dividend Miles membership required. Processing times may be longer than standard due to volume. All US Airways Club and Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply.

gleff likes this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    It's odd they say that the offer is April 5-7 only since they've been running this price since at least March 22. ;)

Funtodoimpossible likes this.
  3. Funtodoimpossible
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It is US. They aren't known for always doing things that make sense :D

4. SFOCanuck
    Original Member

SFOCanuck Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can somebody please point me at the rules for reciprocity in the UA and CO lounges? I couldn't find anything official on the US Airways site, but my understanding is the following:
    - Members can use US lounges and bring 2 guests, even when not flying *A
    - Members can use UA and CO lounges and bring one guest, even when not flying *A
    - Members can use *A lounges and bring one guest when flying *A.

Can anyone confirm this or correct me if I'm wrong?

It seems like a pretty good deal. :)

5. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're right on the first two points. I think you are correct on the third point, but I'm not sure. I have never attempted to use a *A lounge other than US/UA/CO lounge, except when traveling internationally, and I'm *G.

6. Ravi Rao

Ravi Rao Silver Member

Status Points:
    Could someone comment on whether it makes someone with no status anywhere but carries an AmEx Platinum (and thus, Priority Pass Select for free with it) credit card to purchase this membership, please? It sounds to me that Priority Pass Select would get me into *A lounges worldwide anyway, making this redundant ... thanks :)

7. Funtodoimpossible
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It depend on where you fly, who you fly (as to gate location in the airports), and what lounges are available in those airports.

In some airports you can't freely move between concourses/terminals. For the longest time if you were flying Southwest out of terminal E in PHL, you couldn't use the RCC in the terminal D or the US Clubs in B/C since terminal E was completely segmented (security wise) from the rest of the airport. (This is no longer the case.)

In other airports, you may not have access to the only lounges in the airport you are in. For example in the US, RCCs and CO Presidents Clubs will not not permit access via Priority Pass Select as of 10/1/2011. So if you are flying out of DEN, the only lounges available to Priority Pass are the RCCs in Concourse B but as of the beginning of Oct won't be available via Priority Pass Select. Priority Pass's complete lounge list is https://www.prioritypass.com/Members/Lounges/Downloads/PDF/PPLoungeDirectory.pdf

8. Philippe

Philippe Silver Member

Status Points:
    500 Preferred-qualifying miles for new Club members*

Earn 500 Preferred-qualifying miles when you buy an annual membership by June 30, 2011. Enroll online and use promo code NM500 or call 800-828-8522.

Enroll now!

9. bynxnjynx

bynxnjynx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if Im doing anything wrong but I dont see the $259 price when I click the link. Im a UA flyer and this was a nice way to get in the UA clubs for a reasonable price. With my membership up next week I'd love to take advantage. Only deal Ive received from US Airways is 500 elite miles.

10. Funtodoimpossible
    Original Member

Status Points:
    umm...this sale was 4/5 -4/7/2011. Your about a year late :(

11. bynxnjynx

bynxnjynx Silver Member

Status Points:
    ah, that would be the reading part that I skipped :) Thanks

12. Gulfstream 550

Gulfstream 550 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just renewed on the 2nd and got 2,500 EQM and 14 months of membership.