2X, 3X, 4X promo

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by viguera, Aug 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like this was pulled because the details and registration page went up too early.

The promo page (which is now dead) was http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/...-_-857050-_-1654157-_-IHG+Redirect+Link+2009&.

The promo code 5712 was the old Anniversary Promo from last year, and the "2009" in the URL seems to indicate that something wasn't set up right yet, so we'll probably just need to wait for the official start.

Bottom line, you could earn up to 80k points throughout the promo, earning 500 bonus points per night of your stay, plus a multiplier for staying at different brands within the IHG family.

40 nights using 1 hotel chain = 20k bonus points.
    40 nights mixed between 2 chains = 40k bonus points.
    40 nights mixed between 3 chains = 60k bonus points.
    40 nights mixed between 4 chains = 80k bonus points.

The best parts is that it was specifically worded as "nights" rather than "stays", so which is much easier. Also, there was no restriction on the number of nights per chain required to trigger the bonus, so (hopefully) you can stick with HI/HIX (if that's your preference) and just do a stay at a Crowne Plaza, InterContinental or another brand to trigger the multiplier.

2. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    Registration goes live August 25.

uggboy likes this.
  3. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting 4thQ promo. Lots of variables to keep in mind in projecting final earnings.

uggboy likes this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah it was mistakenly put up a couple of days ago. I signed up and got an email saying that I was registered... :)

Interestingly enough it doesn't look like the IHG people have a rep here like they do "over there" posting updates about this. And it looks like I'm going to miss out on a stay that I had planned to credit to this because it's 8/21 :(

uggboy likes this.
  5. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here. I sent an email to CS and they told me to register after August 31st!!!

uggboy likes this.
  6. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're going to be doing stays anyway, it's not horrible, but not that great, either. 80k PC only gets you two nights at most ICs. Of course you get the regular points as well, but I'd much rather have a stay 2 nights, get 1 free promo.

uggboy likes this.
  7. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not very exciting. Certainly nowhere near enough of an incentive to get me to shift stays to PC.

uggboy likes this.
  8. Agreed. 40 nights? In just over 3 months? Yeah, I'll see you all over in Starwood/Hyatt land.:rolleyes:

uggboy likes this.
  9. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    yeah the 40 nights is very steep, especially for 80k points.

uggboy likes this.
  10. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    This was a very bad promo. Double miles is better. The problem is they will lock the other promos until this one ends!

uggboy likes this.
  11. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    i have 18 nights and 3 brands so far. might be tough to max out on this one, just not a lot of trips to take

uggboy likes this.
  12. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like points are finally posting!

Jan-30-2012 MULTIPLIER X3 15000.0

uggboy and viguera like this.
  13. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Holy crap I started this thread and I forgot about this promo... :)

uggboy likes this.
  14. NorthAmericanMarmo

NorthAmericanMarmo Active Member

Status Points:
    I had 15 nights that were a mix of points and miles earning, so I was expecting a mix of bonus points and bonus miles. Looks like I got bonus points for all 15 nights, and no bonus miles.

At least I'm that much closer to Platinum

15. ZCT

ZCT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was one day off max for this promo. I hit four different properties (although they seem to have missed the fact I refused to stay at one because it sucked so bad - a Candlewood), so I got 58,500 points on the 30th of Jan in addition to the 19,500 points I made last year doing the promo. (They paid 500 per night during 2011 and then multiplied that for each brand you stayed at, so since they had already paid 1/4th, they paid the other 75% this year, if you qualified).

What's interesting is that since they only need 60,000 points to achieve Platinum with this program, combined with the 10 nights I've stayed in their hotels this year means I already hit Platinum for next year, and it's not even February yet!

I've just got a status match with Marriott so I'm going to give them a go, but I think I could also do a Hilton challenge and hit Diamond with them too by the end of the year.

16. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    mine posted yesterday... over just over 130k points in Jan.... can I hit 1mil in a year, lets see....

rwoman, javacodeguy and viguera like this.