2nd card churn

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by jmhuth, Jul 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jmhuth

jmhuth Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been procrastinating because I am close to reaching the $3000 spend on both AA advantage cards my husband & I opened & didn't want to deal w/ extra cards just yet..... Here are the cards i'm thinking of opening (for both my husband & I)....

Hilton AMEX: 50,000 point potential each
    Citi HH Honors Visa 40,000 pt potential for each
    according to www.frugaltravelguy.com we'll get an invitation down the road for an AMEX surpass that will give us gold status
    Chase Sapphire.... Wish I would have done this while they were bumping the bonus by 50,000 points, but 50,000 points is still a good deal...

Anyone have any thoughts?? My only concern is that the first two both pull from experian in OH. I only have 2 inquiries on my credit report from February so this should be ok, right??

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure that you actually need an invitation to upgrade to the Surpass card (though as a regular HHonors Amex holder I have certainly gotten my fair share of invitations). You can just apply for it directly. Now, I don't know if the "indirect" route gives you more points.

Personally, I keep the upgrade options for a year where I need Gold status and don't have another way to get it.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  3. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    did chase stop giving out the 50k bump up this week? are people starting to get turned down?