2600mAh Flash Charger for Cell Phones & Tablets - $12

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by sobore, Jun 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.nomorerack.com/daily_deals/view/343131?n=1829&pid=1&pc=63082

Retails for $59. Sale lasts for 14 more hours

[​IMG]

When you're on the go, you don't always have the opportunity to stop and recharge your devices with a wall charger. For those times when you need a little extra boost and have nowhere to charge, this Flash Charger is the perfect solution. With a USB output and MicroUSB input, this little device can charge just about anything, from iPhones and other smartphones to digital cameras and e-readers. It's a sleek and portable solution that will help prevent you from getting caught with no power left on your favorite devices.

JetsettingEric, danimal and uggboy like this.
  2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish these guys could ship to EZE....

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:

Have someone buy it in the States and ship it. Should still be cheaper than retail :)

4. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    read some reviews on this device a while back that were not too flattering... I instead purchased an Anker 3200 portable charger and while considerably larger, it works great.
    Anker® SlimTalk 3200mAh Portable Power Bank Backup External Battery Charger with Embedded Micro-USB and Flashlight anker.JPG
    I

Attached Files:

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I bought a larger (10k mAh) Anker battery for about $30 a few months ago, and it works great. It's about the size of a smart phone and a bit heavier.

http://www.amazon.com/10000mAh-Capa...&qid=1371564292&sr=1-1&keywords=anker+battery

garyst16 and viguera like this.
  6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:

That's my preference because they allow you to charge a tablet, and if you're going to have an external device you might as well make it as large (capacity-wise) as possible.

I'm not a fan of battery packs or things of the sort because they're inconvenient, but nowadays they do serve their purpose. My go-to option for "travel day" though is integrated extended battery + case all-in-one though. They make the devices much bulkier and heavier, but it's not something else you need to carry and they save me the aggravation of having to look through a bag for a battery and cables and carrying things around after I arrive somewhere because my phone is almost dead.

Right now I carry with me -- religiously -- two charged batteries for my phone in my bag, and my phone is in a zerolemon 5,900mAh battery/case. The case is bulky, but it will last me two days with all the radios turned on and actually using the phone. If I need to shed some bulk when I arrive I'll put the stock battery back on and leave the phone plugged in on a car charger if I need to use GPS.

7. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have seen the Flash Charger at Tuesday Morning for $4.97. Although if you frequently find yourself in situations where you can't charge your phone, $12 ain't bad.

8. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was of the same opinion until I purchased and began using the Anker battery pack. it is about the size of small smartphone, but slimmer. Weighs almost nothing, and fits easily into my laptop bag. As for cables, it has an attached cable with a micros-usb end for charging smartphones and a USB female connector for charging other devices (tablets, iPhone/iPad, etc.) which you are most likely bringing along cables for anyway. The Anker can be charged from your PC as well...

Personally, I never travel without it and am glad that I made the purchase.

9. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Awesome find. Just bought one.

I have a larger battery pack, but as a skiier, this is perfect. In the cold, and in the mountains where you get weak reception, my battery is drained quickly. This extra battery pack is light and small. MicroUSB charging and USB output is a great design.

garyst16 likes this.
  10. davythefatboy

davythefatboy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've seen all the problems with Lithium batteries over the years, it's not a product that I would buy primarily based on price. I actually want them to spend an extra ten or twenty bucks making it safer and less likely to burst into flame.