25K points for business Plat upgrade -- can I do better?

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by MaryDarling, Aug 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MaryDarling

MaryDarling Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got an e-mail from AMEX offering me 25K points for upgrading my business gold card to platinum:

25,000 Membership Rewards bonus points applies to your first purchase on the Business Platinum Card by 12/31/11 and is available for first-time upgrades to Business Platinum Card only. You are eligible to earn bonus points for only one Card account. Additional Card members are not eligible. Bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards® account 6 to 8 weeks after your first purchase. No minimum purchase required. Bonus ID 5672.
    ------------------
    I've thought about doing this for the other benefits of platinum, but I'm wondering if there's a way to get even more miles out of the deal. Is there?

2. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    First question -- how many miles did u get for ur gold card -- many got 75k --100k for the gold -- if u did not call membership rewards --- call now and ask for the miles -----others got them with try promo code 6608

if they will charge u $450 for plat card why upgrade get a knew one and use code 5999 to ask for 100k

3. jumpdogjump
    Original Member

jumpdogjump Silver Member

Status Points:
    not sure if you already have AMEX MR cards whether you'll get another bonus (I applied in March for personal plat/personal gold premiere/business gold all at the same time and successfully bumped bonuses on all 3). Has anyone who has had a business gold been successful and re-applied for a busienss plat and received a bonus?

4. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mary,

You may want to try calling and tell an agent you're considering upgrading and want to know what they can offer you. I recently called Member Services about another offer and at the end of the conversation, the agent offered me 50K points to upgrade from Premier Rewards Gold to Platinum.

Andyandy