$25 Gift Card for your Answer

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by wanderwoman, May 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. wanderwoman
    Original Member

wanderwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Visit www.travelforboomers.com and answer our Question of the Weekend for your chance to win a $25 gift card.

Are you shooting for status with any airline alliance this year? What level are you shooting for, why, and what are your plans to get there?

We ususally have only 10-15 responses so your chances of winning are great.

k2o likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I looked at it last week and decided to not spend time on it since the chances of winning aren't only dependent on the number of participants, but also by someone's subjective determination of what the best entry is.

3. wanderwoman
    Original Member

wanderwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for visiting the site and I appreciate your feedback. We have had drawings in the past but it didn't seem fair to the posters who put a lot of thought into their reply to be equal to those who just gave a few word answer.
    The value of our Question of the Weekend is learning from others; the gift card is just a token of our appreciation.
    Most sites don't offer anything for a good post. Thanks again for visiting.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I totally appreciate that a give-away that merely requires a comment (any comment) is less useful to the site and to its readers. I don't generally bother to participate in those either. But how about a compromise: every comment that is deemed useful is an entry into the lottery and a random winner from those who took the time to submit something useful gets selected. Yes, there is still the subjective "useful" criteria, but I think that's a lot less "debatable" that "best" :)

Keep up the good work!