25,000 equals elite but...?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by PAinNY, May 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. PAinNY
    Original Member

PAinNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I fly 15,000 on Continental and 10,000 on United does that equal elite? Would they merge them together or should I change and put the United miles into my CO account?
    Thanks

2. jonk
    Original Member

jonk Silver Member

Status Points:
    PAinNY and sobore like this.
  3. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    However, if OP is a newbie and not yet elite, then putting them into two accounts will delay achieving first tier elite until next year when accounts are combined versus immediately upon achieving 25K EQMs in one or the other program.

Travelsavant, PAinNY and sobore like this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have linked your accounts then it will take effect immediately (or relatively close thereto). If you have not yet linked your accounts then it will only take effect once they are linked, or at the end of the year when such linkage is "forced" by the system.

5. PAinNY
    Original Member

PAinNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks so much everyone - yes - I did link the accounts.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  6. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    As usual, my right honorable friend dispenses excellent advice. They'll get you to Silver and 2P respectively, but do note it may not happen "instantaneously". Be prepared for it to take 7 to 10 days for the systems to work their magic (as noted in the paranthetical;)).:)

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The initial linking takes 7-10 days assuming everything works; it can take longer if that is not the case. But once linked the calculations are pretty darn close to immediate. I got my CR1s within a day or two of the mils posting that, combined, got me to 75K EQMs.

PAinNY and Gtitan like this.
  8. Tarpie
    Original Member

Tarpie Silver Member

Status Points:
    It took eight days from the time I crossed 50,000 miles and attained 1P on UA for CO to recognize my Gold status on my linked account. I didn't have any flights scheduled in that time period so it did not concern me. It would be nice if they could synchronize the linked accounts more frequently, but it's good enough.

I probably won't be flying much after I hit 1K, which is good because I have some CO flights I am using my CO number on for higher upgrade priority so I won't be 1K on either plan until the system catches up.

PAinNY likes this.
  9. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Damn!! I have been posting EQM's to my UA account, as I do not want to hit 100K EQM's until the end of the year (to delay getting the SWU's w/ their 12 month expiry posting until 12/31 since I won't be traveling at all until the second half of next year).

Looks like I'm going to be SOL, as I'll hit 100k EQM's in 2 weeks... Does anyone know if there's a way to de-link the Onepass and MileagePlus linkage that I already did to get 1P on UA? Thanks.

theBOAT

10. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems like UA has been much faster in updating status on their end than CO has been on the other end. At least, anecdotal reports seem to indicate as such.

11. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I finally got enough EQM's last week (cheated and bought the last 1k miles before my trip next week. Leaving from IAH and going through ORD on a Monday morning. I figured even the low level silver wouldn't hurt) and even though the Iphone app and main website showed 26k EQM miles it still did not show me as elite. I had to call the onepass hotline number and even the lady on the phone didn't understand why it didn't change on its own. She manually changed me to silver and now that and $6 will get me cup of coffee at Bush monday morn.:D