240K CC points on promo but paying for room

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by mileagejunqe, Jan 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mileagejunqe

mileagejunqe Silver Member

Status Points:
    240K CC points on promo but paying for room

So I signed up my entire family for the 50K Radisson promo and we each had a paid stay generating just under 240K points after the TGIF promo. Going to Lisbon and needed a hotel close to the airport. Closest/nicest one was Radisson Blu. 28K points for one nite vs. $83 on hotels.com thru UR. No benefits for this booking on Radisson.com for some reason. Didn't seem remotely "pointworthy" so am paying cash for the stay. Hope to use the CC points at some future time.

2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, just because you have a lot of points doesn't mean you should blow them on a "poor" redemption. I have 60K points, but my next stay is a Cat. 4 hotel which would have cost me 38K per night. Fortunately I have 3 Country Inn vouchers I got in a different promo, so I will use those and save my 60K for 9K and/or 15K hotels.

flyingdawg and MSPeconomist like this.
  3. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with miles and smiles, poor redemption is your enemy. Don't forget the cash + points option which is very attractive at some properties. But is sounds like the straight cash option you are going with would be very tough to beat.

deant likes this.