24 hour in Delhi, India

Discussion in 'Asia' started by oliverbierhoff, Nov 11, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. oliverbierhoff

oliverbierhoff Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys, if you are ever planning to visit India, so chances are high that you will land in New Delhi, as Air fare is lower as compare to other cities in India, especially if you are taking the flight from Europe. So lets say that you land at New Delhi Airport by 10 pm, then just book a hotel, Delhi has like 10,000 of them and next day plan a tour of below sites.
    1. Qutub Minar (closest to airport)
    2. Lotus Temple (my favorite)
    3. Lodhi Gardens
    4. Humayun Tomb
    5. India Gate and the Rashtrapati Bhawan
    6. Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
    7. Red Fort + Jama Masjid, The Jain & Sikh temple at Chandni Chowk
    8. Rajghat, which is the memorial of Gandhi.
    I would suggest to start the tour from 7:30 am and finish by 10 pm. I booked a cab which costed me 35 Euro and it wan in the month of October.

2. oliverbierhoff

oliverbierhoff Member

Status Points:
    Plus, if you have more than a day in Delhi, the plan the tour of:
    Agra - Will create a thread for 24 hours in Agra and Jaipur.
    Agra is 300 km east from Delhi, and you can ask your driver to take the Yamuna Expressway to reach there in 3 hours.
    Jaipur is 300 km south of Delhi, and it will take 6 hours, as there is no expressway, but the Delhi-Jaipur highway is still quite good. Will also create a 24 hour in Jaipur thread.

3. oliverbierhoff

oliverbierhoff Member

Status Points:
    And best months to visit Delhi are from August to March.

4. oliverbierhoff

oliverbierhoff Member

Status Points:
  5. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is one very active forum on India, called indiamike And there is a car+driver based tour company called Namaste India which I have used on occasions for my friends who have visited India in the past few years.

iolaire likes this.
  6. oliverbierhoff

oliverbierhoff Member

Status Points:
    In my experience, most travelers who land at Delhi airport, plan a sightseeing tour of Delhi, are the same travelers who prefer to visit Jaipur and Agra. Agra is less than 250 km from Delhi and Jaipur is 275 km from Airport (Delhi). And you are right that a tour of Delhi Jaipur and Agra is referred as Golden triangle.

Plus I would also like to share my work experience (I assist a car rental firm in Delhi by the name of Rajputana Cabs), that while travellers from Delhi-Agra, and Agra-Jaipur, there are some amazing on route tourist attractions which many traveller miss, as they are not aware of.

So, if one is travelling from Agra to Jaipur, they should as their taxi driver to stop at:
    • Akbar tomb in Sikandra
    • Fatehpur Sikri, 30 km from Taj Mahal
    • Chand Baori Stepwell
    And when our guests have finished their Delhi sightseeing tour, and are planning to travel for Agra, we suggest to visit:
    • Temples of Mathura and Vrindavan
    Plus, you can check Rajputana Cabs delhi darshan page which contain details on all the tourist sites in Delhi, along with all the amazing must see sites that are not to far from India's capital.