24 Hour Club Day Pass Question

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Funtodoimpossible, Jun 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Funtodoimpossible
    Original Member

Funtodoimpossible Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying on Sat on US to ABQ and managed to get a hold a 24 hour club day pass. (This is not the CC club pass, but the one US sells at the time of booking a ticket.) Since I'm connecting in CLT & PHX, the veribage on the pass makes it seem like one pass will cover entry in to those clubs since it will be less then 24 hours from the first use.

Is that the actual case? If it is, will CLT issue a receipt or something that I can use in PHX or do I need to print out multiple copies of the pass?

2. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can't tell you for sure with US, but with AA the clerk at the first club will validate the pass in the company's system at your first checkin, and then the clerks at the other clubs can see that when they get your frequent-flyer number of your boarding pass for succeeding checkins. This causes extra work for the clerks as compared to just scanning a membership card with an optical reader, and I occasionally have found some who aren't all that thrilled about having to do it, but it manages to get me admitted. . . .

I certainly wouldn't make multiple copies myself if I were you, but simply ask the clerk at the first checkin how this works, and in absolute worst case have that clerk make additional photocopies for you on the spot for use later in the day.

Sean Colahan likes this.
  3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Keep a copy of the receipt and show that at CLT just in case. They put it in the system and 99% of the time it works without a glitch, but there could be the odd case where the computers don't sync or somthing isn't entered right.

Enjoy your trip.