23 KG luggage limit for domestic flights; how strict?

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by MalcoveMagnesia, Mar 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Okay, another practical question for LAN.

In the U.S., a question like this might be mitigated with factors like: the mood of the agent, if the item is particularly bulky, the phase of the moon or how nice the weather is outside... but my question is: are LAN counter agents pretty strict about the 23 KG limit or can one go 2 - 3 KG's over if necessary without incurring their wrath (or a fee)?

Also, does LAN do gate checking of luggage? (e.g. if I have a small carry bag with wheels, which I might try to check as a second item at the gate if they allow such things)

Gaucho and jbcarioca like this.
  2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cant comment on the Chile situation, but in Argentina, my reply would be similar to what you post above about US agents. Gate checking for domestic Argentina flights happens only if its a very full flight or if its a baby related item.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've just finished my round trip on LAN and am pleased to report ticketing agents for both flights ignored my 28-30 KG bag being checked in (i.e. no charges there). I did have some spare room in my carry on that I could have utilized but glad it didn't come to that.

Gaucho likes this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to hear it all went well... thanks for taking time to come back and report your experience !!! :cool: