23,500 AA miles for new Citibank checking

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by mileagejunqe, Dec 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mileagejunqe

mileagejunqe Silver Member

To qualify to earn 23,500 American Airlines [​IMG]dvantage® bonus miles, first open a new regular checking account in a Citigold® Account Package by 12/31/2011. Or, to qualify for 10,000 [​IMG]dvantage bonus miles, first open a new regular checking account in The Citibank Account Package by 12/31/2011. Then, within 45 days after opening your new regular checking account, complete at least one of the following qualifying activities each month for two consecutive months:

One or more direct deposits

Two or more electronic bill payments

The above offer I believe is for Citibank credit card holders only. There is a similar offer for a new checking account but that gives 40,000 ThankYou points instead for a new Citigold checking. I'm not sure which is better, 40,000 TY points, which if you have the ThankYou Premier can can be used for flights with a 25% bonus, so basically $500 in filghts, or 23,500 miles.
    The TY points expire in 3 years and there is some talk that Citi is now issuing 1099's for them. They have never done so in the past but who's to say what they do now?

ossipago likes this.
  2. ossipago

ossipago Silver Member

They will do a hard pull to open the account - Experian, I think, but am not sure.