20k bonus points for multi-city booking

Discussion in 'Qantas Airways | Frequent Flyer' started by thewinchester, May 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've only just caught this promo while perusing my facebook feed, but needless to say QF have kept this one really quiet. Announced this morning at 1000hrs AWST:

Chimpy likes this.
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Hurry! Be one of the first 100 Qantas Frequent Flyers to book and be rewarded with a bonus 20,000 points."
    "You will be notified by email sent to the email address specified in your Qantas Frequent Flyer profile if you are successful."

It doesn't sound as if it will be clear when the first 100 people have booked and the deal ends.

Do you just have to book it? Or do you have to actually complete the flight before you get the bonus? I assume that you have to complete the trip, though the T&Cs don't actually say so.

Chimpy likes this.
  3. thewinchester
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I would reasonably assume that when the offer has been taken up in full by 100 people, said offer page would be removed promptly. Checking their social media channels (Facebook and twitter) would also be advised to make sure that it's not been announced as closed.

They're really responsive to the customers they follow (a-la me), so I'll ask the question on Monday (as they don't reply over the weekend generally) and post back what their response is.

Booked and paid from my reading of the T&C's. If you cancel the trip down the road, they would have every reasonable right to take the points back.

Chimpy likes this.
  4. thewinchester
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Response from QF that as of COB yesterday (27 MAY 2011 1700 AWST) there were still more than 1/3 of the 100 allocation still left.

Will have further updates from them when available.

Chimpy likes this.