2015 Changes

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by mfeltz, Jun 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. mfeltz

mfeltz Active Member

Status Points:
    Will the break points for MP tiers be the same (Silver-25k, Gold-50k, Plat-75k, 1k) or will those also be increased and more difficult to achieve?

2. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps there will be more changes you will like?

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    They've already stated that elite qualifying will be the same. I doubt that will change.

mht_flyer likes this.
  4. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be 1k for 2015 So here's my plan beginning Mar 2015 I will be 80,000 miles away from being a million miler Gold, so instead of worrying about getting the awards miles which I have plenty of, I am going to concentrate on high mileage cheap tickets or at least W fares to use the 6 GPU's I will have to get that 80,000. after that I am through. Will travel on miles only. When I run out, in 3 or 4 yrs I doubt at my age I will want to travel much anymore.

5. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like you have got a plan :)
    If you have long haul, it would make the journey quicker.
    Visit Singapore.
    Its about as far as one can go before you are "on your way back"

sfo1 likes this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Straight out of my own playbook. I will be just 150K miles short of MM after this year, which I could reach next year, but more comfortably the year after and then I will be out of the "loyalty" business, traveling after that with any *A (to make use of the lifetime *G status) or airline that will offer me the best "value"...

sfo1 likes this.
  7. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, Singapore is high on my list especially for using the GPU's I have a trip to SIN in September, upgraded all the way and back, may do two trips to SIN in 2015, that's an easy 20,000 miles per trip and I do love Singapore. I am also thinking from SIN to BKK on AirAsia which can be pretty cheap, better than flying to NRT with UA and then not earning any BIS with ANA NRT BKK NRT.