2014 entertainment book AA offer

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Juanefny, Jan 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got an email where they are selling the 2014 entertainment book for $20.14. Has anyone purchased this book? Is there only one $10 off coupon for AA tickets or the there coupons that have been available in the past?
    Thanks!

zphelj and Newscience like this.
  2. FEV77

FEV77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've seen them at Costco in the past, but I do not remember the price nor have I looked for the 2014 version.
    Anyone with info on this?

zphelj and Newscience like this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Full price on the Entertainment books is $35.00, and they are having a $20.14 special, see:
    https://entertainment.com/coupon/index.jsp?gclid=CKvgn6aV4rsCFfJxOgodNiQA4g

We've bought the Entertainment books in the past, mostly for the restaurant discounts. We used to also used to purchase an Entertainment book to use at a vacation destination, while in Hawaii, for example. Lately, we've found that there just aren't enough high-quality restaurants featured in them, so we've stopped buying them.

We've never used the airline coupons. Is it worth buying the Entertainment book for the airline coupons?

FEV77 likes this.
  4. FEV77

FEV77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can check the benefits online. In the LA version, there's a coupon for $10 off AA fare of $100+, for up to 6 passengers on same itinerary. There are other coupons in the "travel" category.
    There are also movie coupons, etc.
    I think I've just talked myself into buying one this year!

Newscience likes this.
  5. mikew99
    Original Member

mikew99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My local 2013 Entertainment book gave me not only a $10 AA promotion code, but later in the year I was able to also obtain additional $10 and $20 AA promotion codes.

Ebates is currently offering 17.5% cash back, so if you factor in that and a single $10 AA promo code, you're out only $7 for the rest of the coupons. The discounts aren't as good for me as they used to be, but I imagine that I can surely get that much savings throughout the year. So I'm in for one. :cool:

basiface likes this.