2014 Diamond Kits

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Weatherboy, Feb 24, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received my new Diamond card in the mail and was surprised how little to the "package" there was...just a small card with the new plastic inside.

At least last year they jazzed it up with the interesting deck of cards.

I miss the days of perks and gifts with top status.

foxberg, uggboy and WilliamQ like this.
  2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is the general trend due to cost savings measures.
    Of course it helped to say that it is a bid to save the environment too.
    Some loyalty programs also do not even issue physical cards anymore.

foxberg and uggboy like this.
  3. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that's only true if you sign up and don't have any activity. As soon as you fly, stay or rent they usually send you the card.

WilliamQ and uggboy like this.
  4. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ok. For example, I have a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards membership and have rented from them before but no membership card was ever issued. When I log in to my profile online, I have an option to self-print my membership card.

It could be because I am based in Asia though. There are other programs I am a member off (e.g Video rental, Health products stores etc) also stopped issuing / replacing member cards and instead used mobile numbers or government issued IDs as membership checks.

There are also yet another group that hopped onto the Apps membership wagon. Accounts and points are all accumulated / managed through Apps.

foxberg likes this.
  5. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    This sounds strange. Did you try calling them an asking about your card?

6. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't gotten a diamond card from Hilton since 09...

As for Hertz i have never received a card either.

WilliamQ likes this.
  7. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have to ask the obvious. I am reading it as you are a Diamond under HHonors but they did not sent you another renewed cards since 2009?

8. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup, well technically I got a 08 Silver/Gold and 09 Gold card in the mail and have never seen one again, I got diamond for 10.

WilliamQ likes this.
  9. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you should give them a ring.
    I frequently use these cards for check-ins.
    This also helps to remind the counter staff to look up the system for available upgrades etc.
    Sure helped me save some time on more than one occasion.

10. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have never used my Diamond card at Hilton. Number is in the reservation, and I am thanked immediately for being a diamond by the checkin person. I think in my last few years only missed 1 time being thanked for my status.

I don't want to carry cards with me...... airline or otherwise. Hilton always seems ensure your status shows..... (IC's on the otherhand can be hit or miss)

WilliamQ likes this.
  11. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good to know that the service team is attentive to your status at Hilton's chains. I guess different properties might be different and in fact in a single property, different teams might provide a different experience. You might want to start carrying cards for your IC check-ins :p

astraveln likes this.
  12. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    That has been my experience, and in the US, UK, EU and OZ. They have all (or almost all) recognized me as Diamond - though the "thank you" has varied all across the board.

I've gotten Diamond card each year since about 2005. Before, I was Lifetime Gold, and that was noted on those cards, as well.

Now, I do agree with the OP - the card and a little letter telling me of the free bottle of water, etc.. Still, I really do not need much, beyond the level, so "goodies" would probably go into a junk drawer, along with my Delta, Hawaiian and Continental playing cards.

astraveln likes this.
  13. leebloome

leebloome Active Member

Status Points:
    I never heard of Lifetime Gold....have been Diamond since the program started and have been asking Hhonors to create a lifetime status for over 25 years of Diamond...especially in case we retire someday and cant travel as much. We stay ONLY at Hilton properties throughout the world. Bill Hunt, what is Lifetime Gold?????

WilliamQ likes this.
  14. leebloome

leebloome Active Member

Status Points:
    We've been Diamond since the program began...and NEVER received a deck of cards or ANYTHING. Now I feel cheated.

WilliamQ likes this.
  15. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, last year the Diamond kit/box was actually quite nice and the cards were cool.

WilliamQ likes this.
  16. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't carry it around either unless I'm crashing someone else's reservation at a Hilton :)

But the HHonors reservation system is great; it properly tracks HHonors status/number to the hotel and to the folio every time regardless of location.

WilliamQ likes this.
  17. Cgriff2006

Cgriff2006 New Member

Status Points:
    You are correct. Hertz does not issue cards anymore. You can print it or just try to remember it

WilliamQ likes this.
  18. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hilton hasn't sent me a new kit in at least four years. I have no idea why; I've checked my address with them and it is correct, and I've reuqested replacement kits, yet none ever arrives. So, I've just given up.

19. Top

Top New Member

Status Points:
    Not correct. Usually I receive Hertz card every year. Just got 2014 package.
    pc.jpg

In fact I never used my HHonors Diamond - it always works as it registered with reservation.
    However I receive my Diamond card every year. Just a letter with a card.