2013 More Possibilities Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge, Feb 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear Mile Point members,

We’re excited to announce the latest Hyatt Gold Passport global bonus point promotion, More Possibilities. And because you’re a member of the Mile Point community, we’re giving you an inside look before we reveal it to the world.

You can earn 3,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after every three nights, up to 45,000 bonus points. You can then redeem points for free nights, room upgrades, and now dining and spa services — even when you're not staying the night. Simply register by April 30 and stay March 1 through May 31 at any Hyatt hotel worldwide.

Plus, if you’re a Hyatt Credit Cardmember, you’ll earn 20% more bonus points – an additional 600 bonus points after every three nights. Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can earn up to 54,000 bonus points.

For additional details, please review the following Frequently Asked Questions and Promotion Terms and Conditions.

To register, please
    visit Hyatt.com or call 1-800-228-3360 on February 15. Registration ends April 30, 2013.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at one of our 500+ hotels around the world.

Safe travels!

2. Price123

Price123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Meh. Not great. Last time was 5000 points for 3 nights; time before was 5000 points for 2 nights. Not only are promotions getting less generous (no surprise), but also show no imagination.
    Again, not happy about the c/c bonus - only US-residents can receive that.

However, I love Hyatt properties and will stay in them. The promotion won't encourage me to increase the number of stays though, or pay a qualifying rate instead of other cheaper rates.

3. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not getting me to stay at Hyatt. It seems like from year to year the promotions are getting worst.

4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1 on both statements

uggboy and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  5. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    Always appreciate better promotions, but I like Hyatt and will continue my Diamond quest again this year. Glad there is at least a promotion...wish it would have started Feb 1

IDGflygirl likes this.
  6. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like Hyatt very much - but this promotion will do nothing to change my planned stays.Probably not even worth commenting about as it is pretty much nothing, unless you already have Hyatt stays in mind (something is better than nothing, but still).

gabrielgsp, Kalboz and Sweet Willie like this.
  7. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    These hotel promotions are just getting worse. Great for Hyatt that the other promos this spring are just marginally better than this one, so it probably won't impact business at all.

But it sure is not making me spend any more money than I have to, that's for sure.

8. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    This promo and the ones across the T&L industry are indicative that business has and is expected to continue improving and they no longer need to fill as much capacity as the older/better promos used to. Sad but I can understand why these companies are doing this. Hopefully this is as bad as the promos get.

9. schen75

schen75 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks but no thanks. But, Something is still better than nothing, l'm sure there are others out there that will appreciate this. For me, Sorry just not enough for me to pull out my Hyatt card...

Kalboz likes this.
  10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed. But that's why the "G" bonuses were nice (IMO) since they could be more targeted towards individual properties that needed to offer enticement for bookings.

11. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    All this promo does is reward you if you already had stays booked, but giving you a tiny bonus. If you didn't have any booked, you certainly won't change that based on this. What is the point of that type of promo? Seriously, it seems like it is MORE expensive than running a great promo or none at all. This promo won't drive **** for business into the chain. Either give nothing, which costs nothing, or give a great promo, that offsets costs by driving in new stays. This just gives people a few extra points if they are going to stay anyway, but no one is going to say "oh 1000 more points a night? Hyatt here I come!" when there is a better rate or promo elsewhere.

Kalboz and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  12. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    And I'd have to stay three nights minimum. My current plan is zero nights with Hyatt, *maybe* one, so for 3000 points I am not going to change plans.

gabrielgsp likes this.
  13. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know if you actually have to use the Hyatt card for each if the stays or just be a card member to get the bonus? I was planning to use an Amex Open card for the 5% discount but wondered if it would eliminate the addl 20%?

14. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You just have to be a cardmember to get the additional 600 pts.

Kalboz, brucewil and OceanBreezes like this.
  15. BlackHill

BlackHill Active Member

Status Points:
    Any new promotions past April 30th for Hyatt?

Kalboz likes this.
  16. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Hyatt seems to let promos lapse for a period of time before introducing a new one. Perhaps it's their way of testing to see if promos are truly necessary to drive customer traffic.

Kalboz likes this.