2012 Freddie Awards - We couldn't have done it without you!

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by AmericanAirlines, Apr 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    Wow! What can we say - we're practically speechless!

Tonight, it's our pleasure to announce wins in four categories for the 2012 Freddie Awards - Best Promotion for Earning, Best Customer Service, Best Elite Program, and the prestigious Program of the Year.

We are so very honored and know that these accomplishments would not have been possible without the level of support we receive from members like you and communities like Milepoint.

So without further ado - THANK YOU! And here's to 2013!

-Suzanne Rubin, President of the AAdvantage Program

2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congratulations! Well deserved (and I was one of many here that voted for AA). I can't think of a better carrier and alliance for my flying.

3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    AAdvantage is an easy program to vote FOR!! :)

Way to go AA!

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The first and only airline I've ever been an elite with, and for good reason. Congratulations and thank you for the travel opportunities. I hope this vote of confidence from your customers motivates AA to keep up the good work and continue making improvements to the program so we all feel comfortable voting for AAdvantage next year! :)

5. Philphactor
    Original Member

Philphactor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Congrats to your entire team, Suzanne!!!

6. Sagy

Sagy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well done.

Congratulations to Suzanne, Maya and the rest of the AAdvantage team.

Good to see that your hard work paid off.

Here is to an ever better 2012.

7. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, the AA team deserves all those awards and more - a great airline and program! MegaDo pushed my vote over the edge!

8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Despite the financial issues, the past 12 months have probably been my best with AA. Redeemed for 2 RTW explorer awards. The MegaDO. Seeing AA engage on the MP forum. Keep service strong despite the Chapter 11 filing. I'm a very happy AA elite right now, and I hope I stay that way. These are odd times and I'm anxious to see where things go.

9. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congrats to the whole American Airlines team. I was hoping you guys would come away with atleast one award and I'm excited that you took home four! As Barry White would say "Your my first, my last, my everything" :)

10. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If anyone is interested in the results, here is what was published on the Freddies website with AA's win in each category:

Airline Program of the Year (Americas)

The top four finishers in this category are American AAdvantage, Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles and Southwest Rapid Rewards.
    The American AAdvantage table is even happier! Suzanne Rubin, President, AAdvantage Loyalty Program accepts the Freddie. “I can’t tell you what an honor it is to be here tonight. Thank you.”
    American AAdvantage celebrated its 30th year in 2011. The granddaddy of all frequent flyer programs, it still delivers incredible value. AAdvantage treats elite members well. Many members would say that the program offers the best domestic award availability of any U.S. airline and AAdvantage miles offer some of the most lucrative international award redemptions in the industry. Members are clearly happy after all these years.

Best Elite Program (Americas)

The top four finishers in this category are American AAdvantage, Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles and Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan.
    Suzanne Rubin, President, AAdvantage Loyalty Program accepts the Freddie. The American AAdvantage table is very happy tonight. “Thank you again, and on behalf of all the MegaDoers here, you inspired this.”
    American AAdvantage really takes care of its elite members. Top-tier elites get international upgrades from any fare, something unmatched by their competitors. AAdvantage does a good job at upgrading elites and there’s even a comp cocktail and buy-on-board snack when top elites find themselves sitting in the back. Although all elite members, and not just the very top elites, must feel valued for American to win this award.

Best Customer Service (Americas)

The top four finishers in this category are American AAdvantage, Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles and Southwest Rapid Rewards.
    Suzanne Rubin, President, AAdvantage Loyalty Program accepts the Freddie. “Thank you for inspiring us and giving us something to shout about!”
    AAdvantage once again rises to the top, this time, by offering members customer service agents who are empowered to help members. AAdvantage customer service is available 24/7 to help members over the inevitable bumps in the road.

Best Promotion for Earning (Americas)

Suzanne Rubin, President, AAdvantage Loyalty Program accepts the Freddie.
    American AAdvantage offered a Double Elite-Qualifying Miles promotion at the end of the year, just as members were scrambling to preserve or improve their status. Members could earn double elite-status qualifying miles for travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection flights between Dec. 13, 2011 and Jan. 31, 2012 to earn the bonus, regardless of when the ticket was booked or purchased.

Travelsavant, wrxmom, Dcg543 and 4 others like this.
  11. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congrats on a well-earned series of awards. Very well done and keep up the great work!

Travelsavant, wrxmom, Dcg543 and 3 others like this.
  12. wfagundes

wfagundes Silver Member

Status Points:
    AAwesome job to all of AAdvantage's team including their presence in Social Media specially on twitter. Now off to earn more miles!

Travelsavant, wrxmom, Dcg543 and 3 others like this.
  13. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congrats to AA! Nice to see the hard work paying off! :)

Travelsavant, wrxmom, Dcg543 and 4 others like this.
  14. Lewis

Lewis Active Member

Status Points:
    Congrats to the teams. Extremely well-deserved. You really are the best in the business.

Travelsavant, wrxmom, sobore and 3 others like this.
  15. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    A happy evening for AA and all of us who voted for AA. Suzanne had a tough act to follow after Maya, but she's already off to a wonderful start. I will always have admiration for Maya because of a) her pledge to Kiva at the OWMDLP and b) her success in cajoling me to return to AA after two years of absence with only my Lifetime Plat to sustain me. my next trip will restore my EXP. Stories like that, repeated thousands of times, and customer service that sees AA actively resolve problems caused by OW partners, coupled with steadily improving conditions for members (OK, the change in lifetime was not the greatest moment) makes it clear that AA is doing a spectacular job regardless of the difficult circumstances.

Bravo!!

Travelsavant, wrxmom, sobore and 3 others like this.
  16. Carlos A. Miranda

Carlos A. Miranda New Member

Status Points:
    And now Suzanne Rubin, enough gloating and get back to make AA Aadvantage program THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!! And....please, please, please....pay attention to your loyal customers. I have written endless letters to no avail suggesting that AA expand and strengthen the MILEAGE MULTIPLIER PROGRAM. Right now you can only use in some US airports. leaving international flyers without this alternative. All AA check-in machines around the world should be equipped with this feature. You would make millions of flyers very happy while AA collects very handsome and much neede amounts of money. Best...Carlos A. Miranda

17. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Echo to many others on milepoint: congrats to Suzanne and folks at AAdvantage. With recent BK, it will be a rough year ahead of AA, but I know they excel in the realm of loyalty program.

18. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congrats to Suzanne, Maya and the AA crew for their well-earned accolades!

19. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, thank you :)

20. Dcg543

Dcg543 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you AAdvantage! I made EXPLAT this year and it's the best program out there. I voted for you because you truely are the BEST! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

21. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you, and keep up the good work!

wrxmom and jbcarioca like this.
  22. Switch2

Switch2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good my vote wasn't wasted :) Congratulations AA. Job well done.

Travelsavant, wrxmom and jbcarioca like this.
  23. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actualy, We couldn't live flying without you!!! I would fly a lot less without AA! So Thank you AA!

24. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad to see AA rewarded for truly bringing a great program to us consumers. Now if only you could match or beat UA prices (including taxes) on all the flights that I have to take for work, I would be able to give you even more of my business.

Hint Hint: LAX-IAH would be a nice route to beat them on for the weekly business traveler ;)

Travelsavant and wrxmom like this.
  25. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some in attendance were surprised that AA got so many awards. Since I'm a UA flyer (or shall I say was, thank you AA status match), I can't comment.

SC Flier, Travelsavant and wrxmom like this.