2012 Elite Rewards Announced

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Kaanapali, Mar 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just received the following in my email

As an AAdvantage Platinum® member, simply earn between 75,000 and 99,999 elite-qualifying points for the year ending December 31, 2012, to qualify for Elite Rewards. If you achieve this goal, you may choose one of the following Elite Rewards offerings with our compliments:
    • 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles
    • Eight (8) 500-Mile Upgrades
    • Four (4) Admirals Club® One-Day Passes
    • One (1) AA.com® 15% Discount Promotion Code for future systemwide travel on American^
    • Gift of AAdvantage Gold® status for a friend
    2012 Elite Rewards qualification is based on the number of elite-qualifying points* earned as of December 31, 2012, and your elite-status level as of that date. To learn more about Elite Rewards choices and how to qualify, visit aa.com/eliterewards2012

Note these are based on EQP's (not EQM's!)

wrxmom and rwoman like this.
  2. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    From the aa.com/eliterewards2012 website.....
    AAdvantage Executive Platinum Members

[​IMG]
    Earn 125,000 or more elite-qualifying points during 2012 and choose two of the following:
    Select Two Rewards

• 35,000 AAdvantage bonus miles
    • (2) One-way Systemwide Upgrades
    • (1) One-year Admirals Club® membership (may be chosen only once)
    • (1) AA.com® 20% Discount Promotion Code for future systemwide travel on American*
    AAdvantage Platinum
    Members

[​IMG]
    Earn 75,000 - 99,999 elite-qualifying points during 2012 and choose one of the following:
    Select One Reward

• 25,000 AAdvantage bonus miles
    • (8) 500-Mile Upgrades
    • (4) Admirals Club® One-Day Passes
    • (1) AA.com® 15% Discount Promotion Code for future systemwide travel on American*
    AAdvantage Gold
    Members

[​IMG]
    Earn 40,000 - 49,999 elite-qualifying points during 2012 and choose one of the following:
    Select One Reward

• 15,000 AAdvantage bonus miles
    • (4) 500-Mile Upgrades
    • (2) Admirals Club® One-Day Passes
    • (1) AA.com® 10% Discount Promotion Code for future systemwide travel on American*

rwoman likes this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of course, I tend to buy cheap fares and not meeting the points threshold... ;)

Kaanapali likes this.
  4. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    You have until December 15, 2012, to register for Elite Rewards. Register using code ELTA2 (it is currently unclear if this registers you for your respective level or just if you are currently AA Plat) at http://www.aa.com/AAdvantage/viewBonusOffers.do

Other things to note:
    A valid email address with AAdvantage eSummarySM opt-in must be on file with the AAdvantage program by December 31, 2012, in order to be notified and provided instructions on how to select your reward(s) online. If you're not already subscribed to AAdvantage eSummary emails, please go to the My Account section at AA.com, select the "My Emails and Fare Alerts" tab and update your subscriptions.

Terms/Conditions: This offer is open only to AAdvantage® members who are AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum®, or AAdvantage Gold® members as of December 31, 2012. Registration prior to 11:59 pm (CT) on December 15, 2012, is required. A valid email address with AAdvantage eSummary opt-in must be on file with the AAdvantage program by December 31, 2012, in order to be notified and sent instructions on how to select the reward online.
    Elite-qualifying points must be posted to the AAdvantage member's account by January 9, 2013, to qualify for this offer.
    The number of elite-qualifying points you earn is based on a combination of base miles earned and the class of service purchased. Eligible fare tickets purchased for travel on American Airlines, American Eagle, the AmericanConnection® carrier, Alaska Airlines (including Horizon Airlines), British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways (including Dragonair), Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines (including Japan Asia Airways, JALways, Japan Transocean Air, JAL Express and J-Air), LAN (including LAN Argentina, LAN Ecuador, LAN Express and LAN Peru), Malév Hungarian Airlines*, Mexicana*, Qantas Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 and/or American Airlines codeshare flights where the ticket reflects an American Airlines coded flight number are eligible. View complete details on elite qualification.
    *Malev Hungarian Airlines and Mexicana remain inactive members of the oneworld alliance.
    Members who qualify for this offer will receive an email in January 2013 instructing them how to claim their reward online. The instructional email will also designate a six week time frame in which members must make their selection. Requests for a reward after this date will not be accepted. Members should select their reward carefully as no changes are allowed once the reward request has been submitted. There are no additional fees for claiming a reward; however taxes and fees relating to award travel are the responsibility of the member. This offer and the associated rewards are neither transferable nor refundable unless otherwise stated. These rewards have no cash value and may not be bartered or sold. For AAdvantage Executive Platinum members, a maximum of two rewards may be earned/selected. With the exception of the single one-year Admirals Club membership, which is limited to one membership per person for the qualifying member only, AAdvantage Executive Platinum members may select two different rewards from their list of options or two of the same reward. For AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Gold members, a maximum of one reward may be earned/selected. American Airlines reserves the right to substitute a reward of equal or greater value if any reward is not available for any reason.

rwoman likes this.
  5. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    This definitely rewards/favors the business traveler over the MR traveler in that regard, but it can still be done ;)

rwoman likes this.
  6. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Already, we're not even on April yet. I'm still waiting for the rewards for the past year. It seems american is doing everything for our loyalty. That's a good thing!

travelmommy, Kaanapali and rwoman like this.
  7. cwpfly

cwpfly Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't see it happening for me - I started the year with 20,000 EQM and 0 EQP thanks to the OWMD! :) I hope it helps AA with the hi-rev folks.

Kaanapali and rwoman like this.
  8. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    They do seem motivated to take care of their customers...despite all the BK things going on. :)

9. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    although I earned almost 140K EQMs, I am not even close on EQPs... oh well, there is always next year!