2012 elite level re-qualification thread

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by ACMM, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    As we are all avid flyers and always tracking out balances, daily if not hourly :), I thought we could share our current re-qualification for the 2012->2013 re-qualification. This came to mind as I checked my AE balance a moment ago and noted I now had 38K status miles and have qualified for Elite level for 2012-2013 AE travel year (have met the minimum AE requirements)

I have never had a faster start (and boy do I feel it! [​IMG]) and hope to have 60K miles by first week of March.

Anyone else having a fast start this year or planning on qualifying or re-qualifying early? Would love to hear your current thoughts and plans - lets meet in the bar in the corner and chat about it :)

PS: Just occurred to me that I am lifetime Elite if they ever restart the AC MM program and I get my package, but regardless I thought this thread may be interesting and of use to us?

2. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like I will hit the E qualification level once I book my NRT flight for the end of the month. Still way behind you, though!

3. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not there yet either. Although I have flown 50K since the beginning of the year, because of my mini-RTW... ;)

4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't we all wish reward travel counted to re-qualification! I know some hotel chains do that.

cockpitvisit likes this.
  5. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Right -- reward stays count at Hilton.

6. RCyyz
    Original Member

RCyyz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Kewl. Didn't know that.

I'm at a whopping 4300 status miles on 3 segments of which 1000 is from my E selections. My trip in March / April should add roughly 11,800 to that. After that I'll likely be flying to PEK sometime then we'll see after that. Guess I'll be a solid bottom feeder E this year. :)

7. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    I started the year working on 20k per month, but due to a couple weeks off the road and 3 weeks of reward travel, I'll just barely qualify for 2012/13 E by the end of March. My yearly travel is at the mercy of contracts and conference invites so I have no idea what my mileage will look like at the end of the year. I'm thinking of burning a bunch of my miles if I have the time (and before AE decides to change the mini-rtw rules) so I have an equal chance of ending up at 40k or 240k miles this year.

8. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now that is a variation! Hope you make it somewhere in the middle - say around 100K :)

cockpitvisit likes this.
  9. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm considering broadening my horizons if I end up on the bottom end of that range. Instead of flying AC J to HKG I might hitch a ride on CX or BA. I have no desire to get status on another airline (at this point), but I would like to try some of the other offerings out there. I'm quite interested in the new EY service to YUL for instance.

10. nighthawk
    Original Member

nighthawk Silver Member

Status Points:
    ACMM: It's a race.

11. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    You win - I am too tired to race :)

cockpitvisit likes this.
  12. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe your cat can race for you? :p

13. yyzgigi
    Original Member

yyzgigi Active Member

Status Points:
    At about 30k now, will pass 45k by the end of the month. Now with all my SSWUs gone earning should slow down to a slower pace for the rest of the year as I spent my points.

14. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    So far, I only have the measely YYZ-YVR-YYZ credited to my requalification. Which is well...........less than 5K. [​IMG]

15. spddemn
    Original Member

spddemn Active Member

Status Points:
    HAHA I'm sitting in last place to date 0 flights 0 SM. Well other than some reward trips, oh how nice it would be if those were credited. [​IMG] That'll finally change this week back in the air again, its been awhile.

tomh009 likes this.
  16. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    ... and welcome to MilePoint! Here is a "like" to start off your collection! [​IMG]

17. rehoult
    Original Member

rehoult Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey I'm the same. My only flight YTD was a YYC-YYZ on points. Should be up to 20k by April, and we'll see from there.

18. illico
    Original Member

illico Silver Member

Status Points:
    ~5500 on a west coast trip so far with another 5500 west coast trip shortly. I'm trending for a "scrape by the E threshold for the next year at the last second" if I decide to go for it again.

19. spddemn
    Original Member

spddemn Active Member

Status Points:
    Well TY now I feel all warm and fuzzy. See membership has its privileges [​IMG]

20. akide
    Original Member

akide Silver Member

Status Points:
    i'm at 43k after a 11 segment mileage run yyz-las-yyz-hkg-yyz-las-yyz-hkg-yyz-las-yvr-yyz from a few weeks ago

21. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ouch! Glad you made it back in one piece :)

22. PtsHawg
    Original Member

PtsHawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very slow start to my year... I'm at 6 short haul segs so far, but things will pick up soon.

23. i will have around 80k by march and far to much of it will be on AC. However I burned up a lot of AC award points last years so it brought my mileage under 300k for the first time in a few years.

24. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

PtsHawg and loadera like this.
  25. jarusoba
    Original Member

jarusoba Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have flown about 37K this year. But have only 19K AC status miles. Will pass a threshold this weekend going to Japan.