2011 Red Sox vs. Yankees

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by shane, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. shane
    Original Member

shane Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's the day after Truck Day, which means before you know it the best rivalry around will be in full force. With Carl Crawford and A Gonz joining the roster this year, I have high hopes. Could this be a repeat of 2007? One can only hope!

[​IMG]

Go Sox!

2. techgirl
    Original Member

techgirl Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm pretty excited that my Sox will be playing the Texas Rangers at Opening Day this year. We go every year anyway and there are more Sox fans on my team than Rangers, even here deep in the heart of....

I'll be all geared out!

[​IMG]

Go Sox!

shane likes this.
  3. shane
    Original Member

shane Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had the luxury of watching the Sox sweep my local Atlanta Braves a few years back. It was, as you described, almost all Boston fans. I went to a game in Denver last year and it was more of the same. What a great fanbase. Red Sox Nation.

What's funny about the Denver game is that it's the only game I've been to where fans on both sides were wearing the exact same shirt. "World Series 2007, Red Sox vs Rockies" [​IMG] I guess that's Colorado's claim to fame thus far.

4. Flyer_Esq
    Original Member

Flyer_Esq Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have high hopes for this season, but I'm in Celtics mode right now! One championship at a time! [​IMG]

5. FrankieC

FrankieC Silver Member

Status Points:
  6. Oiuyt
    Original Member

Oiuyt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sure, for those poor underachiever cities.

C's, Sox, Pats, and Bruins (8-6 over the Habs last night... crazy) .... all contenders. Let's try for a season sweep of all four majors.

7. arkleseizure
    Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

Status Points:
    Isn't this true for the Braves regardless of the opponent? I think most of the time the majority are either opposing fans or fans "disguised as empty seats", as Skip Carey used to say. Wish I lived close enough to ATL to actually attend some games!

It's hard for me to imagine the Red Sox not winning the division, especially if Beckett rebounds at all this year.

8. Flyer_Esq
    Original Member

Flyer_Esq Silver Member

Status Points:
    So true! Has it ever been done?

ETA: Just googled it - looks like a couple of cities have won 3, but no one has ever won 4.