2011 Preferred Qualification/Requalification Roll Call

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by DeacFlyer1, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thought this might be a fun thread to have ongoing throughout the year--My idea is for folks to post when they cross a certain threshold for qualifying or requalifying for a certain preferred level this year. So if you hit 25/50/75/100K miles, or 30/60/90/120 segments, post which threshold you crossed and what route/flight you did it on! I'll kick it off...

Hit 25K today on US267 DCA-PHX. Hooray for at least Silver through February 2013!

jbcarioca, mht_flyer and Sean Colahan like this.
  2. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm so far behind right now. 10 segments and 8800 miles. Should be racking up a good bit in March, fingers crossed.

3. phlwookie
    Original Member

phlwookie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hit 25K today on US 2607 CLT-GSO in a bum-busting Mesa exit row seat, something I only subject myself to on really short runs on the CR9. Looking good for a CP requal this year at this rate - in other years I've made Chairman's I'm certain I've never re-qualified for at least silver before March.

DeacFlyer1 likes this.
  4. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a leisure traveler with high airfares as of late I think I'm screwed. :(

5. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I am currently and forever dirt preferred.

6. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    My goal is to re-qualify for Gold...Platinum would nice...Chairmans only if there are some mad promos like HSJ.

7. uva185
    Original Member

uva185 Member

Status Points:
    Currently CP sitting at 20,578 and will hit 25,681 with my trip to LA this weekend. The year is off to a good start! :)

8. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As would I, had a generous CP friend not gifted me Silver for this year.

9. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do plan to re-up for CP come hell or high water. The good news is business travel is picking up; the bad news is they are starting to crack down on use of "corporate preferred airlines" of which US is not one (although we are a Star Alliance travel partner). Doesn't matter, though, because US still dominates the nonstops from DCA. Just means I will get dinged by the travel people a little more often than I am now.

I am still hoping for DPQM in May. April would be OK but May is better for me. And I have 25k TATL already on the books throughout the year, which will help. I think it's going to be tougher for me this year but I'll make it, and if I don't, then I can just buy up.

10. I'm at 13880 and 12 segments which is actually ahead of where I was last year when I made Plat. But that included numerous personal trips and fortuitous DPQM timing. This year I'm using a huge chunk of my vacation days for a Hawaii award trip on AA using the BA Chase miles after I graduate b-school. So between the lack of remaining vacation days and the time commitment to finish school it could be a struggle.....should get to Gold easily just with work travel but it may be hard to get back to Plat.

I'm praying for the unlikely return of the HSJ promo, wasn't able to take advantage of it last year since I was just short of Gold at the time and it wouldn't have given me anything I wasn't going to earn anyway without being out a significant amount of time and money for 12 points to get to CP.

11. richinaz
    Original Member

richinaz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well I have a nice big round number. ZERO. Have some trips in the works but I'm kind of enjoying taking it easy. I don't care to fight the questionable weather back east in the winter and that is where most of my trips usually go. Haven't flown since my Germany trip in December. If they start any double mile promotions then I will ramp it up. Watching the airfares out of PHX it seems like all of the deals are on United and Continental. I've seen under $200 airfares to the east coast (BWI, PHL, etc.).

12. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    US Comped me silver last year (after 3 years as a CP).., and I had 0 EQMS so bye-bye US status even though I did fly US a handful of times using my CO number as a CO Plat.

On CO, so far over 31000 EQMs for me this year.

13. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am at 15,765, but that was all one RT. I have another few trips coming soon so I might make CP for 2012. It will be close.

14. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've only got 5 segments and 2500 miles. :(

Good news is I've already got a few trips booked and my first 2 MRs in May. I'm really determined to make it to Gold this year! I'm also crossing my fingers that we'll see some DEQM promos this year.

15. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the same boat as art234, SS255 and mht_flyer, was DM Gold till two days ago.

mht_flyer likes this.
  16. MikeLaw
    Original Member

MikeLaw Silver Member

Status Points:
    CP at 16,500 miles. I've been holding out for a spring promo, but starting to lose hope.

17. desert_gecko
    Original Member

desert_gecko Silver Member

Status Points:
    CP from travel last year, but 0 miles so far this year. We'll see what happens.

18. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Absent of some promo or some decent fares I'll probably struggle to get to silver for 2012. Any promo will help - double PQM for all or specific routes, convoluted route promos in the vein of H/S/J, or additional PQM's for things like Grand Slam, Club Renewal, etc. Maybe it's time to dust off the US branded credit card and get those 10 PQM's, I think I'm going to need them.

It's just tough when I can't fathom the high airfare for quick weekend trips. Though I am kicking myself for not visiting my sister and family in New Orleans in February during early Mardi Gras festivities. I found PHX-PHL-MSY-CLT-PHL-PHX for $250. But I had my wife's final tuition payment to make. Oh well. :)

jbcarioca and nomflyer like this.
  19. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I made CP nicely, and have about 16,090 miles this year. I hope I fly enough this year...

20. FarPoint
    Original Member

FarPoint Silver Member

Status Points:
    CP with 1000 miles to date... like others have mentioned, without some promos or decent fares, I'll be lucky to hit SP this year.

21. kwidhalm
    Original Member

kwidhalm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, I have been a DM member for ages but was always just falling short of 25K. This year I have a boatload of flights (most over 5 hrs) and by year in I should make Gold. Therefore, my BFF in Chicago and a frequent mattress hopper suggested I try the "Trial Offer" for Silver the US offers. Which means that I can keep the Silver status as long as I fly 7500 miles by June 1. I ponied up $200 +$15 in taxes. It has already worked to my advantage since I just returned from CA and I got "upgraded" to FC for the red-eye flight from PHX to BOS. I'm flying to Manchester, UK in 2 weeks and then I snagged the CO $20 +taxes fare from BOS - SAN. I need about 8,000 additional miles to make Gold so I am open to any advice.

Sorry for the long response but it is my first post. :)

Kate

22. fets
    Original Member

fets Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you fly 15000 miles on US flights before June 1st, you'll be Gold anyway, even with only a Silver challenge.

23. kwidhalm
    Original Member

kwidhalm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will have 16,500 miles by May 29th so hot diggity dawg!

24. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hit 50,000 miles yesterday US 49 LAX-DCA (there was a stop in LAS, but technically it's a "direct" flight, so I believe I'll just get credit for one segment and the miles from LAX-DCA).

25. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    JUst hit 35k miles, will cross 50k in the first week of June if all goes as planned. I'm on track to re-up for CP; will need some almost-mileage-runs (i don't count them as proper MR because we usually stay a night or two and enjoy whichever city we're in) but had planned to do that anyway. I'm more concerned about my boyfriend as he's well behind me. Holding out hope for some sort of dpqm to happen... Even if it's targeted cities, that's fine by me.

Just re-upped for Hilton Gold, might make Diamond this year. Considering sacrificing my Marriott gold to get the Hilton diamond. It's a tough call. I end up in a lot more hilton's for work; that's just where my customers are located. But I've got about $1500 in Marriott gift cards from the employee recognition program at work, so I really ought to use them and defray my personal travel costs. I guess it's better to be at the top in one than in the middle in two. We shall see!