2011 Frequent Traveler Awards - Citi Field, NY

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by ariyo15, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ariyo15
    Original Member

ariyo15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone here involved in this? Maybe you went last year? I'd love to hear a bit more about it - maybe even attend.

Any info available?

2. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    See the note below which followed my original post- I was off by two days....but it's gonna be amazin'.

3. The event will be held on Thursday, April 28, 2011 at Citi Field in Flushing, NY. The facility is, dare I say it, Amazin', and the weekend is going to be an incredible one. In addition to the awards ceremony on Thursday night there will be events on Friday and Saturday that we think will appeal to a broad spectrum of frequent travelers. This includes the first ever Frequent Traveler University sessions on Saturday. More details, including registration information, will be forthcoming in the next few weeks. In the mean time, follow us at www.ftawards,com, www.facebook.com/FTAwards or http://twitter.com/ftawards to keep up on the information flowing.

The press release regarding the location announcement is here.

See you in April!

gleff and ariyo15 like this.
  4. ariyo15
    Original Member

ariyo15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What about credentials for those of us who have blogs, websites, etc... Anything like that set up?

5. As of right now we're probably not in a position to comp folks except program representative. Not that we don't want to, but budgets are tight and we run these events at break-even, not for profit (we're actually a non-profit organization) and it is hard. We're working very hard with the folks at Citi Field to keep the costs reasonable for everyone, including the folks who will have to pay to attend.

That said, we can chat in private about credentials and what we can work out.

6. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is not lost on native New Yorkers. [​IMG]

7. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very cool. Looking forward to another great event...