2011 DEQM question

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by manfromkrypton, Dec 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    Am currently chasing Executive Platinum and I'm now 12k miles away. I've got two more trips this year - one to LAX and one to SFO. Both are from ORD, my home base. I have signed up for DEQ11 promo, which offers double elite miles from ORD for both LAX and SFO.

By themselves, the two flights won't get me to EXP. but with DEQM, I will make it over the line!! What I am worried about is when the DEQM will post? Last year took almost 6 weeks. If it takes 6 weeks this time, that means won't post till 2012. Does anyone know if I will get the DEQM to count towards 2011 even if it posts in 2012?? I would hate to get to 95K miles and not make it to 100K.

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    From the T&C of the DEQM Promo:

Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year; bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2012 will count toward your 2013 membership year

So no worries, you'll be fine.

3. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sweet!! Thanks David. I should have thought to check that :)

DestinationDavid likes this.
  4. aamilesslave
    Original Member

aamilesslave Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the same boat as you. I need the DEQM miles to post from a DFW-SFO-DFW flight to cross my 100k EQM for the year.

Track it and keep records just in case you need to ask AA to adjust. I suggest making sure you have your promo enrollment email and print your activity from AA.com before it resets at the end of the year.