2010 Highest On-Time Arrival - Hawaiian Airlines

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by stpat1, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. stpat1
    Original Member

stpat1 Silver Member

Status Points:

I know everyone has probably already seen this but I like pointing out why I continue to fly Hawaiian when going on vacation to Hawaii. Worst thing possible is being delayed when going on vacation with the family. Business trips I can handle but vacations area whole different ballgame.

Hawaiian Air rated tops in U.S. again

Hawaiian Airlines ranked as the top domestic airline for on-time performance for the seventh year in a row, according to the Air Travel Consumer Report issued yesterday by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
    The airline arrived on schedule an average 92.5 percent of the time in 2010. In December it led the 18 listed carriers with an on-time performance of 87.6 percent.
    Hawaiian also had the industry's best overall score for fewest canceled flights in 2010, ranking first in 10 of the 12 months. Hawaiian had 55 flight cancellations out of 67,649 total flights during 2010, an average of about 0.1 percent for the year. In December, Hawaii was first with nine cancellations out of 5,578 total flights, or approximately 0.2 percent.
    The airline ranked second last year for mishandled baggage with 2.23 per 1,000 passengers and ranked sixth in December with 3.78 per 1,000 passengers.