20 Tips On How To Eat Like A Real Foodie On Vacation

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by sobore, Jul 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

You can’t eat yet.”

My tablemates were ready to dig into their meal when my best friend and travel partner Rachel alerted everyone that they had to wait for a few.

“Just one second,” I said, while whipping my phone out to snap a quick photo.

“She does this a lot, you just have to get over it,” my friend said matter of factly, with a slight eye roll.
    It occurred to me then and there that most people don’t take a photo of everything they eat. Let’s not go overboard here: I don’t photo document every single thing that ever crosses a plate in front of me. I do however like to have inspiration for other meals, and when it comes to travel it’s all about keeping a visual diary of all the new foods that were experienced. Again, normal for some, not so normal for others.

But there’s just something about the right composition of your passport, a postcard and a double espresso that you don’t want to miss out on. If you have mastered how to pretend you’re a foodie, now you’re ready to travel like one, and this guide will help you do just that.
    Sweet Willie and uggboy like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

not sure I get the whole photo thing with meals, at least the article suggested taking only one photo per day.

Also didn't understand this one,
    is this supposed to be a palate cleanser?
    2. Order Sparkling Water With Everything