20%? OR 50% BONUS – Whatever math you pick – SPG bonus transfer is a really BAD idea!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

Maybe you like the new look of the BA home page, maybe you don’t. Maybe you found it simple to find my fellow bloggers posts about the AA & US Air promo about transfers of SPG points, maybe you didn’t. The best one of the bunch so far, IMO, has been the post by Michael W. about it.

My advice is simple – don’t do it. Yes, you do get 5,000 more points at the back end than normal (thus 20% more than normal or 50% more bonus points) but it is still not a good idea unless you REALLY need it quickly.

[​IMG]

A MUCH better idea is to get the Barclay’s US Air World Mastercard that will soon, in it’s current form, no longer be available. You see even though the fee for the card is NOT waived, you are basically buying, after 1st purchase and paying the annual fee, 40,000 US Air points that will become 40,000 AA points for just 0.0022 cents each. That is cheaper than the 100,000 points Citi AA card, after fees and spend, that people have been going for again and again with a TON less spend to get the points.

To me if you are wanting to build your AA points, rather than flushing the more valuable SPG points, just pick up a US Air card before it is gone. I know I will be including it in my next app-O-rama up soon!- René

[​IMG]

. .

[​IMG]

The post 20%? OR 50% BONUS – Whatever math you pick – SPG bonus transfer is a really BAD idea! appeared first on Delta Points.

The post 20%? OR 50% BONUS – Whatever math you pick – SPG bonus transfer is a really BAD idea! appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...