$20 gift card with $200 online MasterCard purchase - problems

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by mileagejunqe, Nov 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mileagejunqe

mileagejunqe Silver Member

Status Points:
    $20 gift card with $200 online Mastercard purchase

Signed up for this promotion. Register your mastercard, spend $200 online between 11/15 and 12/31, and ultimately receive a $20 gift card. It's been almost 2 weeks since I made my qualifying online purchase. I have yet to receive the redemption form to complete which was supposed to have arrived via email 1 week after purchase. Anyone else having problems?

alohastephen likes this.
  2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't gotten a form, either. I tried to sign up again to make sure I was registered, but the system said they already had my info. Soooo... I guess we just wait.

3. Aces

Aces Silver Member

Status Points:
    We've gotten one form (haven't gotten the card in the mail yet though). We used Mrs. Aces' card on 11/19 and got the email from MC on 11/22 acknowledging the $200 spend with the link to fill out the gift card info (name, address, etc.). I haven't seen anything for my card yet (spending on 11/24).

4. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Silly me. I just realized the requirement was $200 online after 11/15. I've been spending up a storm on the card I registered, but most of it was in restaurants. Buying Christmas presents should help me out. :oops:

5. Up&Away

Up&Away Silver Member

Status Points:
    I signed up for this the morning of the 15th and immediately spent over $200 online in a single transaction. Still have not received my form.

6. modernhaus

modernhaus Active Member

Status Points:
    They didn't specify whether it had to be a single or combination of transactions adding up to $200, which concerned me. They didn't specify much, actually, which is probably why we're all a little bit confused. Completed my transactions on 25th, no word yet.

7. sun
    Original Member

sun Silver Member

Status Points:
    The FAQ's clearly say that they are looking at the cumulative amount.

8. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    I signed up/completed $200 online purchase first day and never received the email. One week later I contacted them. After a few "back & forth's" I got the gift card email. It seems several people are having issues so it's best to contact them.

9. noname2
    Original Member

noname2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can't tell you the dates, but I signed up, spent the $200 in a total of two purchases, few days later received the email and have not as of yet received the card. As soon as we receive the first card, I did indeed sign up a different MC at a different email and will try to run a 2nd through. The offer did state one per household, so skeptical, but willing to try as they are both mileage earners anyway.

10. below sea level
    Original Member

below sea level Silver Member

Status Points:
    After successfully signing up with my card, I tried to sign up with my wife's MasterCard. The error message said it wasn't a MasterCard. :(

11. mileagejunqe

mileagejunqe Silver Member

Status Points:
    GOT IT.

shot a email off to MasterCard support yesterday inquiring about delay. address is https://holiday.mastercard.com/contact.php if anyone else needs it.
    the registration responses all arrived late this morning so hopefully i'm good to go.

Did the spending on the 17th, got the response today on the 30th.

DAS02135 likes this.
  12. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just received an email...

Congratulations! Your online spending paid off. You've earned a $20 MasterCard gift card.

Click on the link below to be eligible to get your MasterCard gift card, while supplies last.

miles and smiles likes this.
  13. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great!
    How long ago did you complete your spend? I just completed my spend this morning, and I am wondering about how long it should take until I hear from them.

14. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    11/22... given that I am a procrastinator, it took me that long to find the time to donate $200 to a hopefully worthy cause.

When I filled out the form for the $20 card, it told me:

"In order to receive your $20 MasterCard gift card, please complete the following form. Subject to your acceptance of the promotional Terms & Conditions (see below), your gift card will arrive in 1 to 2 weeks."

15. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info.
    My $200 went to Kiva loans this morning. :)

MyMiles&Points likes this.
  16. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Kiva is still on my procrastination to-do list... I might just try to snag a second $20 gift card with another MC...

17. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I found the terms and conditions confusing. Do you think they will allow us to get the gift card with a second card?
    I have 3 Mastercards.

18. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It says "There is a limit of (1) Gift per person, email address or per MasterCard card account number, as applicable". I am not 100% sure how to interpret that either, the 1 gift per person would rule out a second gift card for me (the person), but I have many email addresses and multiple MCs, so why did they include those "or" conditions? And what does "as applicable" mean? I think worst case they won't send you a second card but as it might motivate me to get going with Kiva, I'll give it a shot.

19. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    This is a great time to get started with Kiva. They have more loans available than any time I've ever seen. And the Milepoint team is closing in on $1 million in loans. Should reach that milestone in the next two weeks. :)
    Let me know if you have any questions (or just post on one of the Kiva threads).

20. Aces

Aces Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got the email on 12/1 for the 11/24 spend on my card. Have not received either physical gift card in the mail yet.

21. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Purchased a Kiva credit on 30 November, got my e-mail to get my $20 bonus card today. Never received an e-mail confirmation that I had registered.

22. Aces

Aces Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got Mrs. Aces $20 gift card in the mail. So the initial MC $200 use was 11/19, MC email acknowledgement & registration for the gift card was 11/22, and gift card arrived on 12/9. Still waiting on mine - it should be a few days behind. Great promo!!

23. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Emos-closet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got $20 giftcards for both my mc's. Easy peazy.

24. Up&Away

Up&Away Silver Member

Status Points:
    Finally got my e-mail after some correspondence with customer service. Filled out the form and got a message that my gc is on the way. Cautiously optimistic...

25. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    I never got mine. Wrote them an e mail. Their response was that I did not make the purchase. So, I now sent them a copy of my purchase confirmation from Home Depot. Still waiting.