2 "U.S. Airways-like" Service "enhancements" on 2 Flights on 7/19/2013 in F [hopefully both flukes]

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Max M, Jul 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew 2 different flights in F on AA on July 19, and connected through DFW. Both had characteristics of USAirways:

-For the first flight, it was ~40 in air, and after flying the route countless times in F, the beverage service was completely done using plastic cups, even for wine, beer, and mixed drinks. There was some turbulance and no drink service was offered in Y, but I've been on the route before in F when they did the F drink service only due to supposed turbulance and real drink glasses were used in F.

-The 2nd flight was 2 hrs 45 min in air, and again, I've flown the route countless times in F. For the first time ever on this flight, instead of a traditonal, quasi-decent 750mL bottle of wine being served with entrees in F, 4 mini bottles that are used in Y were used instead.

I hope both events are flukes, not pemanent, and not a sign of things to come on the "new" American.

Has anyone else encountered these USAirways service-style events on their flights recently?

2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    This really does sound like an anomaly. I haven't seen anything like this on my dozen flights through DFW the past 6 weeks. But, none of this would surprise me under Doug.

marcwint55 and viguera like this.
  3. BStrauss3

BStrauss3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Of course it's a fluke. US has ZERO control over AA operations at this point. The merger hasn't been approved, although the shareholders have voted in favor.

JonNYC, marcwint55, Mike Reed and 3 others like this.
  4. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you ask 'what is up?' Sounds like the plane had a catering error. Also, if the FAs had been instructed that due to turbulence, you might have to sit down and not be able to clean up the cabin, that might have been a reason for the plastic.

5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    While I'm certain the issues noted by the OP are not a result of some policy change influenced by US, I am also 100% certain based on conversations I've had that there are conversations between DFW and PHX on a pretty regular basis on a wide variety of issues. Doug is most certainly involved.

LETTERBOY and marcwint55 like this.
  6. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to say that on a 40 minute flight I wouldn't be upset with plastic (after all it's not like they're actually serving high quality wine, etc)

LETTERBOY likes this.