2 separate PNRs. Miss first seg??

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by xxdboixx, Aug 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. xxdboixx

xxdboixx Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi guys:

I know what I "have" to do, but was hoping that some of you might have had similar experiences and wanted to see how it was handled.

Ticket #1 - outbound segs already used. return segs are - SMF-SFO-BUR - get in to BUR at 8PM.

Ticket #2 - The following day at 7AM. BUR-SFO-IAD-JFK.

I bought these tickets when I used to live in SoCal. I had since moved from LA and don't really want to go down to BUR to spend the night in a crappy hotel.

I wanted to just stay in SFO for the night and start segment 2 on ticket 2 or even better yet, just take the red eye from SFO-EWR/JFK after I get in from SMF.

I know that if I don't take the first flight out BUR-SFO, my whole ticket can cancel as a no show. The res agent's can't do anything without repricing ticket #2 ex SFO.

anyone have any similar experiences and worked around these rules? I thought maybe a SD may make an exception.. considering my status but no can do.

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    First of all if you've already called United about this, they most likely flagged your record...

I don't know what your status is but United does have a 8:36pm Burbank to San Fran flight so you could do a Same Day Confirmed change for ticket #2 to get on the 8:36pm BUR-SFO then a SFO-IAD redeye flight connecting to JFK next day would work for you in this situation. That is of course if your new flights has the same inventory available as the fare class purchased.

3. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you book these long ago? If there's a schedule change, you can likely work your way into a free cancel or refund.

4. xxdboixx

xxdboixx Active Member

Status Points:
    I did book these a few months ago. The problem with sfo to iad is that my ticket is for the following day. Not the same day as the SMF sfo flight. I don't see a schedule change. Any other way that you guys can think of for me to not take the bur sfo flight? Or change to night before sfo to east coast on red eye?

5. xxdboixx

xxdboixx Active Member

Status Points:
    Oh. So do a sdc bur sfo iad jfk? Will it qualify for a sdc if the departure is the night before? My ticket is on Saturday with Saturday arrival. can I do a sdc to a Friday night red eye with sat arrival?

I'm a 1K

Flyer1976 likes this.
  6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah the SDC can be done 23:59 hours before your originally scheduled flight as long as the same fare class is available.

Friday might be tough but not impossible.