2 Hyatts in 1 night

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by TUMD, May 28, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    My fiancee will be staying at a Hyatt in St. Louis I booked for her Friday night under my GP# as she is flying out of STL early the next morning, but I will be heading to Chicago on the same day. Would Hyatt still credit a stay at 2 different hotels on the same night if I also book a Hyatt for myself in Chicago?

uggboy likes this.
  2. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would expect you'll get credit for both. If it works out it could be a good strategy for a mattress run if they are more than one Hyatt in an area at a good price. Please reply if you got credit for both.

uggboy likes this.
  3. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Reading through a few replies seems that you'll only get points for one of the stays too. I wonder how GP handles overlapping stays. For example, day 1 at Hyatt 1 and days 1 to 3 at Hyatt 2. So the checkout at Hyatt 1 should/could get posted before checkout at Hyatt 2. Maybe no credit for Hyatt 2 stay.

TUMD and uggboy like this.
  5. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I might try to re-think my hotel strategy for this weekend now that I have seen this.

6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yeah, to be safe I'd move one of the stays to SPG or some other chain you value. You CAN get the points for multiple rooms at the same Hyatt on a given night but you only get stay and night credit for one of the rooms (system generally defaults to the one with the most nights).

Thomask likes this.