2 by 4

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by sfo1, Mar 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just flew from AMS to CPH on a A320. I have never sat in such an uncomfortable seat on an aircraft. It felt as though I was sitting on a 2 by 4 with some cloth wraped around it. It was the thinnest seat I have ever sat on, on an airplane, most uncomfortable, hope their long haul jets have better seating than their short haul flights.

2. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Correct that these new seats are not the best one for long travels. I would say that after 90 minutes they start to get very uncomfortable. I can confirm that on the long hauls there is much more comfortable seats :)

/Henrik

3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What also surprised me was the area set aside at the front of the aircraft for their elites and anyone else that would pay for it. Same identical seat with slightly more leg room, and I think you get a sandwich and something to drink. Only two seats occupied on our flight, I can't believe that someone would pay more to sit in an uncomfortable seat to get a free sandwich, or for that matter use points to do so.

4. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Europe. Not a single airline, to my knowledge, anywhere in Europe would put up different seats for intercontinental flights. Flying from AMS to CPH is a short distance and the seats are not all that bad for that short distance really. As far as why would anyone pay more it has more to do with flexibility, extra luggage, lounge access, fast track and most importantly the huge jump in mileage accrual. The sandwich, wrap, muffin, pasta and/or combination of all of the above is not why we fly SAS Plus. I just completed 4 SAS Plus segments with 4 more coming up over the next few days earning me more than 24,000 points in Europe for a slightly higher price than flying SAS GO. If you get to know the right routes, the price difference between both "classes" vanishes. Again, welcome to Europe :)

5. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I could not agree more with jetsetter - it is more and more "all economy" that we see and there is a smaller and smaller market for business class for these short distances.

One example:

Trip from CPH-LHR-CPH which I booked yesterday.

SAS Go: EUR 200,- (100% earning)
    SAS Plus: EUR 500,- (200% earning)
    BA C: EUR 850,- (200% earning)

So the price jumps are quite big and this trip shows that the price for SAS Plus or BA C is not worth it for this short distance if you have to take a bit care for the company money and looking at the miles/points.

But in many cases the difference between SAS Go and SAS Plus is only EUR 50,- and then it starts to make sence and this you can find all the time if your routing and fates are a bit flexible.

Br,
    Henrik

jetsetter likes this.