2,500 Bonus HHonors Points for a Weekend Booking

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Jan 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just received an email from HHonors for 2,500 bonus points for making a weekend booking. It specifically requires the bookings to be made during a specified 24 hr period. Also note that there is a max of 10k points from this promo and also requires you to go back into Facebook to submit your confirmation # from your completed stay to obtain the bonus. Although the rate is discounted, it also seems that the reservations is a non-refundable one as well.

However, it seems like a nice little bonus if you were already going to make a weekend booking. In addition, there may be an opportunity to stack this on top of the other HHonors bonuses that are out there during the 1st quarter. Here's the language in the email:

RSVP on Facebook now so you won't miss the Any Weekend, Anywhere Sale 24-Hour Bonus Event starting January 17, 2012, at 12pm ET. You can earn 2,500 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points and save up to 33% for stays during any weekend through 2012.* Simply book your Any Weekend, Anywhere Sale stay during the 24-Hour Bonus Event for any weekend night at any participating hotel or resort to get both the points and the savings. But hurry. This 24-Hour Bonus Event won't last, so mark your calendar and plan your weekend getaway today.

*You must be an HHonors member to participate. Bonus Offer of 2,500 Bonus Points are only valid for qualified bookings between January 17, 2012, 12:00 PM EST and January 18, 2012, 11:59 AM EST for stays any weekend night between January 9, 2012, and December 30, 2012. After completing a qualified booking and receiving a Hilton confirmation number, return to the Hilton HHonors Facebook "24-Hour Bonus Event" tab and submit the requested information. Stay must subsequently be completed in order to receive the 2,500 Bonus Points. There is a maximum of 10,000 Bonus Points per HHonors member for this offer. Please allow 4-6 weeks from completion of your stay for Points to appear in your HHonors account. Rooms subject to availability. View full terms and conditions. Full non-refundable prepayment required at time of booking. Must book at least seven (7) days in advance of arrival. Some exceptions apply. Discounts vary and range from 20%-33% off Best Available Rates and, at certain properties in Europe, Middle East, and Africa region, to Bed & Breakfast Rate. Blackout dates may apply. Additional terms and restrictions apply.
    Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™ and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

SC Flier, TravelMusing and uggboy like this.
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got that same email. Didn't even notice the "rsvp on facebook". Clever kids and their social media.

4. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    To bad HHonors and several other 'bonus' situations require Facebook participation. Not a Facebook user here, and not gonna happen in this lifetime. Twitter perhaps, but not FB for this cowboy.
    (Sometimes I don't consider Hilton a friend) ;)

MSPeconomist likes this.
  5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree. Do not have a Facebook account either. Unfortunately see more and more promos that involves a Facebook account.

I guess I am antisocial ;):eek:

storyteller and Sean Colahan like this.
  6. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should get one and just use it for promotional purposes with hotel/airline/car programs.

7. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    But you have to at least provide a full name and an email address, correct?

storyteller likes this.
  8. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    I get enuf junk spam I don't care to invite it. So if it takes anti-social, so be it. Not worth a few points, IMO. Maybe we all , anti-socials should ask, 'why are we discriminated against?" Nah probably not gonna do any good. :(

TAHKUCT likes this.
  9. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well said.

storyteller and cvsara like this.
  10. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    You at least have to provide a full name and an email address.

TAHKUCT and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  11. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Like a good offer. Will try to see if it could fit my planner.

12. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Changes made. Thanks for pointing out. ;)

SC Flier and storyteller like this.
  13. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a facebook and twitter account under an alias. They interact with brands and get me points from them.

Best deal so far was 1500 SPG points for liking some Sheraton. Thought the 1000 HI miles were nice too.

traveler likes this.
  14. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    they're late to their own party

15. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    Shame, I have multiple weekend bookings coming up but no facebook account.

16. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    I book my 10 days in Conrad Singapore in 2 reservation pages which includes 2 weekend. I don't know whether they will grant me 2500points x 2 or just normal 2500 points.

17. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a Facebook account just for these kind of promos. Do not use it otherwise and it does not contain my name. Yahoo or hotmail e-mail created just for that.

Putra likes this.