2-4-1 Weekend Rate at hotels in Europe (and some others)

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by ag51, Feb 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ag51
    Original Member

ag51 Silver Member

IHG have had a continuing offer of 2 nights for the price of 1 at hotels in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) for the past couple of years - the current link is:

Although this page states that the offer expires 31 March 2011, the rates are available well beyond then - there is lots of availability in London in October, for example. In the past IHG have extended this offer each time it runs out, although this may not last forever.

The price is based on the Best Flexible Rate - you pay that price for the first night, and the second is free. Availability can vary - the rate will not be available at every hotel, or for every weekend, but conversely many hotels offer it for midweek stays as well. It's always worth checking if you have a 2 night stay, to see whether this rate is available (but do also check that it works out cheaper than any other advance purchase rate that might be on offer - occasionally, you can find better deals elsewhere). It is also occasionally available at non-EMEA hotels,

The rate can be combined with cashback discounts - e.g. Quidco in the UK (save the link above as a favourite, log in to the PC site via Quidco and then go to your favourite link to book this rate).

Does it qualify for PC points? There is nothing in the Terms and Conditions to say not, and most stays now seem give you PC points and post as 2 qualifying nights. If they don't, contact PC Customer Services and they will usually fix this - you should get at least one qualifying night, as you have paid the full rate for the first night.
    TheBeerHunter, The Saint and Eorpa like this.
  2. Eorpa
    Original Member

Eorpa Active Member

Just what I was looking for.

3. I just checked IC's in Rome and Vienna, no joy with that rate code, I do see amex offering 20% discount at IHG properties when booking the advance purchase rate through amex selects program
  4. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

I have used this promo several times where it has saved me tons of $$

For stays in London it has been particularly useful

As for stay credits ymmv. Usually but do not always get full stay credits